JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '16 JKU is my daily driver, but I'd like to get some new 33" all-terrain tires. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have always been a fan of BFG for their all-terrain.

Think my buddy has some mounted on black steel wheels if you are interested.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
So my '16 JKU is my daily driver, but I'd like to get some new 33" all-terrain tires. Any recommendations?
Good call ^^^ - BFG ATs have never let me down on the few trucks I've run 'em on in the past.

There's a set now on my wife's FJ Cruiser (zero problems) so my recent experience is that they're still top-notch.

They do require regular tire rotation to keep 'em from cupping, but that's not at all a problem with the tires.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I had the Yokohama A/T S in a 285/70-17 and they worked really well on most terrain and were quiet on pavement.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Bfg ko2 in 34/10.5-17 are a nice dd tire that works well in all conditions and will work with stock rims and little or no lift.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Think my buddy has some mounted on black steel wheels if you are interested.
Your buddy has some for sale? I would perhaps be interested!

·
Registered
645 Posts

uship.com seems to have the best deals. I can put them on a pallet and ship from a commercial address. Business zip code: 83705

I think he was asking $1200 for all 5 but think we could do $1k plus shipping. Very few miles at all and only one trip off-road (more like dirt roads). 13/32 thread depth (15/32 new).

285/75R16 load range E mounted and balanced on black steel wheels. I have extra lug nuts if you need those too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BFG KO2 for the win. I have 8000 miles and 4 wheeling trips on my 35's and they are great. My only complaint are that they aren't 37's :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I currently run the Goodyear Duratrac's. They are very good tires. I have 35k on them right now and at least have another 10-15k. I figure 45-50k out of a tire is pretty damn good. They are quiet on road and wear even. I do the standard 5k rotation. They have never gotten me stuck, been in Texas black land and never a hit of trouble. This is in a stock axle sport (no lockers). They are a nice light tire as well.

Now the bad, I do not think they have the strongest sidewalls on the market. I have never had a problem, but I have read some folks on this forum have a issues.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have been of fan of the MT ATZ G2. Got 50k out of them and a great tire down here in Florida. Think Sand and lots of water.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hands down, BFG. I put a set on an 07 xterra when it had 40k on it. 2 of them lasted 100k and the other two were still on the car when I traded it in last month with 180k. They were bald but no cords were showing. Amazing tires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts