JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone is running a 315/75/16 without a lift? My thinking is that most guys are able to go from 35"s to 37"s when they cut their fender flares so why couldn't I go from 32"s to 35"s. If anything I was thinking maybe a 1" bodylift and drop the bump stops a inch.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I would go with a budget boost over a body lift. You may rub a little in the front when disconnected with the wheels turned all the way, and at full droop. Depending on the rim off-set, you may also rub the rear control arms with a wider tire. JMO

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know a Budget boost would be best but I am on a tight budget and want new tires. With such a small price difference between 33's and 35's I figure I should go ahead and go with 35's since I know I will want them later down the road.

My plan is to use the stock 16's with spacers, plus I am already running a 2" spacer in the front to make up for my winch and to get it to sit more level.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think it will work but test the flex before you go wheeling. Check out Rotorhead's write up on cutting the fender flares. Him and I have talked and we are pretty sure you could clear 37's with 2.5" of lift and the flares trimmed (and bumpers, pinch seam)

·
Registered
145 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.