JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 JKUR rolled 300,000 miles last week. Original 3.8 liter is still running fine. Transmission and transfer case (and some axle shafts and u-joints) have been replaced under the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.

Anyone else hit the 300,000 mark?

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is amazing! I am up around 170K on my 2010 JKU. And you had a first year JK, which is all the more impressive. Congrats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its ironic u hit an incredible milestone...showing the engine RPM running...AND a bonus check engine light...

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
My '08 JKUR rolled 300,000 miles last week. Original 3.8 liter is still running fine. Transmission and transfer case (and some axle shafts and u-joints) have been replaced under the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.

Anyone else hit the 300,000 mark?
View attachment 364360
this is fabulous.
ive always said that , while it is no means as stout as the old inline6 4.0 liter that regularly hit 250k + miles , the 3.8l in early JKs is a fine , if underpowered , engine.

the suck comes from mating it to a medium service life transmission - the 42rle particularly- which just made driving them on road sucky as heck.
I only use my '11 for trails and think it's engine is and has been , fine. I'm only at 93k so ...this is solid news that I like hearing .

you must change the oil every 3000 miles as I do , ha.
(fwiw, my 95 XJ is nearing 400k me miles ...)

thnks for sharing your engine durability info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts