JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I use my new 2 DR Sport as a daily driver, 80 miles commuting on the highway every day. In stock form it's great for this purpose, but the stock look is boring me.

I'm leaning towards a 3" Teraflex lift with 33" tires/wheels, TBD. I'd like to do a black rim of some kind with a tire that will be well composed on the highway.

How would the stock D30 front handle the lift/weight of the tires? I won't be rock crawling, just light stuff, some trails, and hopefully tearing through some PA snowdrifts come wintertime.

Anybody running a similar setup on the JKs? I would most likely ask my local trusted shop to do the install. What kinda labor hours are we looking at?

Thanks for your input.

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Most 33's are light enough that you won't run into issues. But you can also run 33's on a smaller lift which will help you maintain some of that gas mileage, the higher you lift the more air that goes under Jeep. Now if you want the 3" lift and 33's by all means go for it but I would also suggest looking at some pics of our 3" kit and 33's.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most 33's are light enough that you won't run into issues. But you can also run 33's on a smaller lift which will help you maintain some of that gas mileage, the higher you lift the more air that goes under Jeep. Now if you want the 3" lift and 33's by all means go for it but I would also suggest looking at some pics of our 3" kit and 33's.

Thanks for the quick feedback. It seems like the 2.5" coil kit is better for my needs.

Is there an equivalent Fox shock that would work with this kit and be well composed for highway use?

So besides the install and reprogramming the speedo, any other concerns I should know about? Any issues with the stability control system?

I'm running 3.21s so I will likely not go over 33's, dosent sound like there would be clearance issues with proper backspacing.

· Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the quick feedback. It seems like the 2.5" coil kit is better for my needs.

Is there an equivalent Fox shock that would work with this kit and be well composed for highway use?

So besides the install and reprogramming the speedo, any other concerns I should know about? Any issues with the stability control system?

I'm running 3.21s so I will likely not go over 33's, dosent sound like there would be clearance issues with proper backspacing.
2.5" and 33 x 12.5's. Zero fitment issues with these Pro Comp 17x9's. I can run 80mph comfortably with the 6 speed and 3.73's but that is about it.

Poser

Stuffed - no rubbing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.