JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
What size tires are those....have any pictures from the side "at rest". I would like to see how it sits flat as well...

Grant

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
nice comparison shot with the rubi, looks good sitting up high. Now go get those swaybar quick disconnects!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow nice! I thought I was sold on a full traction 3" lift until now. Can you tell me what came with that kit, how it rides compared to stock and if you new track bars or control arms to center the axles?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
you have good taste.

i love my old man emu set up on my silver 2 door with 35 inch km2s and cut flares :laughing::beer:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice comparison shot with the rubi, looks good sitting up high. Now go get those swaybar quick disconnects!
They're on order. Friday they will be going in!

Wow nice! I thought I was sold on a full traction 3" lift until now. Can you tell me what came with that kit, how it rides compared to stock and if you new track bars or control arms to center the axles?
Full Traction has great suspension kits. The only thing I don't like about their kits is the fact that none of them come with shocks.

I have a Old Man Emu Suspension with Heavy Duty (HD) Coils that netted me about 3" of 'actual' suspension height. Also included in the kit are 4 Long Travel Shocks that are super comfortable. Old Man Emu is known for having one of the softest and most "Plush" rides on road and off road. The lift also comes with adjustable Front and Rear Track-Bars for re-centering your front and rear axles. This kit comes with Adjustable front lower control arms to dial in your caster geometry and allow for it to feel less "Flighty" and "Darty" when compared to any other suspension kit with no control arms. It also came with front and rear Crown Brake Line Extensions, Adjustable Sway Bar links.

Old Man Emu HD Long Travel Suspension Kit:

HD coils, JKS Front and Rear Trackbars, long travel shocks, adjustable swaybar links, bump stop extensions, extended brake lines and adjustable front LOWER control arms.

Note: Just like any other suspension kit that is over 3", if you have a automatic transmission you will have to start budgeting for a front drive shaft. This is especially more true if you disconnect your suspension and utilize the long travel shocks...

you have good taste.

i love my old man emu set up on my silver 2 door with 35 inch km2s and cut flares :laughing::beer:
That is the reason why I bought my old man emu suspension, I have never ever heard one bad thing about them and researching for about a year on different setups I am more then happy with this kit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where did you get your setup through. It sounds as if you had bought it through Northridge 4x4 with all of the extras that you are listing.

Also have any other 2drs with this lift run into the driveshaft problems yet? and if so how long was it before the driveshaft problems began? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
That is the reason why I bought my old man emu suspension, I have never ever heard one bad thing about them and researching for about a year on different setups I am more then happy with this kit.
:beer::beer:

quick question, sorry for the slight hijack, what % tint do you have on your front windows and hardtop. It looks perfect. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you get your setup through. It sounds as if you had bought it through Northridge 4x4 with all of the extras that you are listing.

Also have any other 2drs with this lift run into the driveshaft problems yet? and if so how long was it before the driveshaft problems began? Just curious.

Yes, I bought it at Northridge 4x4.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=OME-LT-JK-LIFT

Trust me on the drive shaft issue. If you disconnect, depending on how hard or how much you articulate it will be an issue.

If you don't disconnect, which seen in the pictures above, you might or may not run into problems. I definitely didn't run into problems when I was connected.

:beer::beer:

quick question, sorry for the slight hijack, what % tint do you have on your front windows and hardtop. It looks perfect. Thanks.
No problem!

I am running 5% Limo tint all the way around. I guess it's the darkest you can go without doing it double (Like limo's).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am running the same except I have to 40+ coils. I originally had the regulare HD coils and most likely you will need a new driveshaft due to it rubbing.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some more OME Flex for you guys debating it, get it!

Hey Guys,

so as seen in my previous posts about the drive shaft problem, well I can tell you that the first time I had my quick disconnects installed last Friday, I hit the trail Saturday and disconnected, BAM, front drive shaft boot torn.

and the failage.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Looks nice and flexi, cool pics:beer:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ran mine for several thousand miles with a torn boot -- just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i drove for almost 2 years with a torn boot. Just pull of the shaft every now and then clean it out and grease the spines until you get a new shaft. Its more the likely going to fail at the joint from pinion angle first.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts