JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a bone stock 2011 2 door. I'm going to be installing some 35x12.5x17 baja mtz's before the end of the year. My question is.... Should I go with the zone offroad 3" lift or go with a 2" lift and do the Ace Engineering Flat fenders. I will be regearing to 4.88 or 5.13. I won't have the money to fix driveline issues if any occur. I would want to get a complete lift kit with minimal issues. Thoughts?

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
The 3" lift should ride and perform better.

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
270 Posts
2.5 RK stock mod or max flex lift and you'll be good to go. Plus if you decide to go higher later on all of there lifts can be upgraded without replacing parts you already have on your rig. That lift is very reasonably priced to, get a quote from one of our vendors on here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at this, if you click on the combo packages tab you will see the price for the lift and tires. I do like the rock krawler system, but this zone kit comes with everything including shocks for about 100.00 cheaper than the rk kit. i guess the trade off in price is the adjustable ca's versus the shocks? meaning the rk kit has adjustable CA's and no shocks and the zone has shocks and no ca's. I'm not trying to be cheap but i'm not made of money either. I just want the best of both worlds i guess. for cheap... LOL :bounce:

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=39&gr=-1

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
$100 well spent, the RK stuff will likely ride better. The quality and customer service is there as well. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Definitely! I am one of many that has spent money on lower quality components and wish they had gone with the higher end stuff to begin with. The RK stuff is a much better platform to build off of.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am looking for a real lift also. I got a BB kit free and absolutely will not have it on the JK for long. Never would have spent money on it!
You can get the RK 3.5in PRO(alloy components) and RRd shocks for $3000ish. Seems like a no brainer to me. Or even the AEV 3.5in with the remote Resivior Bilsteins for under $3000...
Guys spend $500+ on a steering damper for their motorcycles or $1000+ for a motorcycle exhaust like its nothing.
Only go cheap if cheap is FREE...

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Definitely! I am one of many that has spent money on lower quality components and wish they had gone with the higher end stuff to begin with. The RK stuff is a much better platform to build off of.
X3
Did the rough country thing, didn't work out. Went with the RK 3.5 X suspension, HUGE upgrade! You will not be disappointed with Rock Krawler.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just finally installed my 3.5xfactor RK kit and love it. Rides pretty much like stock. The difference is in the KM2 tires than the stock rubber. You will not regret it. JUST DO IT

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I agree with RK over Zone. Hands down, every day of the week.

I have some killer deals going on RK this week and can likely get you within a few bucks of what you're looking at on that Zone lift.

If you'd like to talk about some options I'll give you honest and unbiased advice based on my experience with my own two door.

Marcus

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with RK over Zone. Hands down, every day of the week.

I have some killer deals going on RK this week and can likely get you within a few bucks of what you're looking at on that Zone lift.

If you'd like to talk about some options I'll give you honest and unbiased advice based on my experience with my own two door.

Marcus
I will do this!!!!

·
JKO Dickhead
3,519 Posts
2.5 RK stock mod or max flex lift and you'll be good to go. Plus if you decide to go higher later on all of there lifts can be upgraded without replacing parts you already have on your rig. That lift is very reasonably priced to, get a quote from one of our vendors on here.
THIS .....

Hit up Marcus at RCO and go over some options. He'll get you squared away with a sweet deal.

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk
THEN THIS !!!!

DONE !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.