JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
So sweet. Can't wait to do it myself.

Do you know what Scott in the white rig used for a tail rack and how he mounted it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great camera work and awesome wheeling!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Looks like a blast! Nice work on the videos.

·
Registered
586 Posts
officially hate you guys! :bawling::beer:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Cool vid guys. Nice seeing all 2 drs playing! what are the specs of the rig with the soft doors?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
what are the specs of the rig with the soft doors?
Thats my rig:

2008 X

4" Teraflex full short arm kit
37" Swamper Iroks
Currie Rock Jock 60
PSC Hydro assist w/B&M cooler
5.13 gear
Detroit locker front / Eaton E-locker rear
Fox adjustable reservoir shocks
JE Reel drive shafts
Teraflex speedbumps
Teraflex discos
Poly Performance Brake lines and shock relocate brackets
Poison Spyder crusher flares
Poison spyder evap skid
Pure Jeep Sliders
Warn Winch
Rock Hard cage
MBRP exhaust
B&M trans cooler
KC lights
Modified SB front bumper
Body armor rear bumper w/swing
Superchips Flashpaq
Optima yellow
Bestop bikini top and trail doors
Cobra 75 with dual hidden external speakers

Mods coming soon - Trail Ready Beadlocks, River Raider corners, Poly discos, and skid plates

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Great video Desert Dog!

One question..does Scott live in his JK? Why does he have a mailbox on the right fender? or maybe it is a suggestion box?:D

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
Looks like you guys had fun Chris. Did you run The Box?

Lot less water on the trail than there was two weeks ago, but it looks just as fun. How'd you like the hydro?

Let's do Dusy this summer!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Great video! The crunch in video #1 was painfull!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like you guys had fun Chris. Did you run The Box?

Lot less water on the trail than there was two weeks ago, but it looks just as fun. How'd you like the hydro?
We messed around on everything but had to skip the show at little sluice because we started late and had to make it to the springs (and the trail was packed with broke-down and stuck rigs). It rained and hailed a bit on Thursday, so kind of muddy and mosquito infested, but no dust on the bright side. Cadillac hill was a huge mud pit the whole way up, with broke down rigs blocking the easy lines.

The Hydro worked great. As you can tell from the vid, nothing broke or got pinched after lots of full flex and stress on the system. Turning those big Iroks was a breeze in the rocks.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Never tire of seeing pics and videos from the Rubicon. Really cool to watch the short wheelbase JK's tackling the rocks. Very envious that y'all get to wheel in such beautiful surroundings. :smokin:

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
We messed around on everything but had to skip the show at little sluice because we started late and had to make it to the springs (and the trail was packed with broke-down and stuck rigs). It rained and hailed a bit on Thursday, so kind of muddy and mosquito infested, but no dust on the bright side. Cadillac hill was a huge mud pit the whole way up, with broke down rigs blocking the easy lines.

The Hydro worked great. As you can tell from the vid, nothing broke or got pinched after lots of full flex and stress on the system. Turning those big Iroks was a breeze in the rocks.
Sweet! Glad you like the hydro. I put in my new pump yesterday.... hoping it will solve my issues.

There were quite a few broken/stuck rigs on the trail when we were there as well.... worse two were a few rock buggies that were stuck on the Big Sluice and no one could pass for a couple of hours and a broken/abandoned rig on Cadillac Hill that was a very interesting obstacle to pass (he was on the cliff edge and there was about half as much room needed between him and the side of the hill to pass... very off camber and all three of us nudged the abandoned rig slightly... Randy in his sedan had a considerably harder time making it past).

You guys ran Loon to The Springs in one day? Wow! We started at about 10a at Loon and it was about 7p when we stopped to make camp at The Box. I think our only real stop was when I had to pull a bent shock and strap the axle... maybe a 40 minute delay. The second day we ran from The Box to The Springs (9am to 7pm), with two major stops (lunch and waiting for The Big Sluice to open up).... you guys were hauling ass! :bounce:

The lack of dust was nice... we saw little to none, unlike normal SoCal wheeling! So... Dusy?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You guys ran Loon to The Springs in one day? Wow! We started at about 10a at Loon and it was about 7p.... you guys were hauling ass!
OH, by getting a late start, I meant leaving Loon at 7:45; we were planning to leave the Lake at 7:00am but I got up there from Tahoe a little late. We beat the crowds onto the trail (most folks were still sleeping when we left) so we were able to breeze through the easy sections and run the difficult obstacles with no hold-ups. We also had no breakdowns or mechanical issues in the group. Cadillac was a different story and was blocked by multiple broke-down / abandoned / stuck rigs. We had to squeeze around a broken CJ about the same spot you described - that was pretty harry!

9 hours from Loon to the little sluice is pretty SLOW! Even the bumper-to-bumper jam packed Jeepers Jamboree makes it from Loon to the Springs in a day. It took us about 9-10 hours, but all it takes is 1 breakdown to turn the trip into a night run.

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
9 hours from Loon to the little sluice is pretty SLOW! Even the bumper-to-bumper jam packed Jeepers Jamboree makes it from Loon to the Springs in a day. It took us about 11 hours, but all it takes is 1 breakdown to turn the trip into a night run.
Well... we had my shock issue and one of the guys with us was a little green and on 35s... so he got hung up quite a bit, especially the first day. It was also raining on us for 2/3's of the day... so that might have slowed us down a little.

I'll have to spend some time and edit and produce our footage... never as good as yours, but what am I going to do... one day I will learn your skills! :beer:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts