JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to this forum just wondering if anyone had any experience with a stroker kit for the 3.8. I know that 505 offers one but I have not heard good things about their company. Was just wondering if there was any other companies out there that make a 3.8 stroker kit. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
390 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts
hey guys new to this forum just wondering if anyone had any experience with a stroker kit for the 3.8. I know that 505 offers one but I have not heard good things about their company. Was just wondering if there was any other companies out there that make a 3.8 stroker kit. Thanks guys

If you would go to allpar.com & read about the Chrysler 3.3l v6 from the early nineties , you'd learn that as it was becoming longer-in-tooth , as the expression goes, or later in it's production run , you'd come to learn that the 3.8l v6 60° engine that's in 07-11 Jeep JKs actually IS a stroker powerplant
& has barely any cylinder wall remaining that's got enough thickness which you coukd bore ,hone ,stroke or increase the volume of much further.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Learn to live with the 3.8L as it is and enjoy life. My '09 JKUR has been on 37s for nine years and 70,000 of its 77,000 total miles, just 5.38 gears and a Procal to set the PCM. Will cruise at any speed limit just fine and kills it on the trails. The Little Engine That Could can only be reliably bested by going full V8 swap, and IMHO you'd be better off putting the money into a newer Jeep. Sad that you can't do inexpensive engine swaps any longer, like the GM V8 I saw today in an '85 Scrambler. Sigh.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts