JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
I have a '10 and run 35s with 3.73s I do a ton of highway driving so it's not unbearable. I heard the new 3.6 is not bad at all, much better than past years and more torque and power. If you can find one with 4.10s its a great option whether you plan on bigger tires or not, if you can't then 3.73s are not so bad. The JK is a gutless pig regardless so "tolerable" is all a matter of perspective.

· Registered
240 Posts
Looking at a 13 2dr, JK with a auto trans. 4:10s are hard to find, is it worth it to go for 3:73s, I don't plan on larger tires, but BB lift of 1 3/4 inch?
I say do it, 3.73 is fine stock. You can always re-gear it later. If you lift it (even a BB) you'll eventually want larger tires. Stock tires are too small/skinny for even a small lift, IMO.

· Registered
222 Posts
If you can get 4.10s then go for it. The 4.10s will come in handy if you tow or if you run 33s or 35s loaded with aftermarket bumpers, winch & other gear. If you get it now it will be cheaper than regearing in the future...

· Registered
428 Posts
4.10s with the 3.6L and 32's actually feels like it's geared just a little too low on the highway. I get worse mileage on the highway than I get on backroads because the engine RPM is a bit high at highway cruising speed.

I start it in second gear all the time on the road.

I'm happy with it because it should be perfect when I move up to 35s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.