JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something we have been working on for a while and wanted to show it to you guys on JKO first.

We will be releasing a complete harness kit that will allow you to install a 3.6L Pentastar WA580 (NAG1) 4WD into an older vehicle or Jeep.
We had so many 3.6 pullouts sitting around from LS swaps that we needed to figure out a way to give them new life.

The first generation of the harness will be for any basic vehicle. It will have a basic hookup, power-ground-ignition-start etc....

The second generation will be designed to directly replace a 3.8L in a 2007-2011 Jeep JK and will be plug and play with the existing Jeep components. You will need a complete 3.6L - WA580 4WD pullout powertrain with the complete factory engine harness still attached as well as the ECU, TCM and shifter. If you dont have a ECU, TCM or Shifter we can provide them as needed.

RpmExtreme 3.6 Pentastar Standalone Harness :: RPM Extreme

Our harness will plug directly into the C1 connector of the factory computer and your 3.6 engine harness will plug into the C2.

Our harness will include:

Fuses and relays
OBD2 Port
Input and Output wires
CANBUS Module
Vehicle Speed Module
Fan Controls
Reverse Lamp Output
Stop Lamp Output
Fuel Pump Output
MIL Light Output
Bump Shift Control

Optional Options:

AC Control
Cruise Control
IPC Cluster Display Output
Vacuum Pump Control
Intercooler Pump Control
Transmission Fan Control
4WD Indicator Output
Oil Pressure Light Output
High Temp Warning Light Output
AUX Inputs and Outputs as requested
RACE PREP - KOH - BAJA - ROCK CRAWLING - ETC
Custom Vehicle Integration

·
Banned
702 Posts
Do you plan on doing a 3.6L conversion for manuals?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
@rpmextreme have you guys thought about the new 3.6 and the new 8 speed transmission ? i think the new 8 speed makes all the difference and would be well worth the upgrade . the 3.6 and 8 speed swap if priced right would be a great upgrade to the first gen JK 07-11. I just rolled over 200k miles on my 2008 and the 3.8 and the 42rle are getting old, if a V8 swap cant happen a 3.6 and 8 speed would be a great option .

731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@rpmextreme have you guys thought about the new 3.6 and the new 8 speed transmission ? i think the new 8 speed makes all the difference and would be well worth the upgrade . the 3.6 and 8 speed swap if priced right would be a great upgrade to the first gen JK 07-11. I just rolled over 200k miles on my 2008 and the 3.8 and the 42rle are getting old, if a V8 swap cant happen a 3.6 and 8 speed would be a great option .
We are finishing up the 3.6 standalone. We have added in a ton of features. The full standalone 3.6-wa580 (nag1) will be able to control a Jeep JK style cluster on its own, making a gauge setup very easy in a older vehicle. It will also have AC request, AC PSI and compressor controls built in. This will make adding air conditioning quick and easy. We also added in FUEL LEVEL based on a JK fuel sender that will show the correct fuel level on the cluster and 4wd switch input that will tell the system when its in 4wd, 2wd, N and 4low.

Once we finalize the 3.6 standalone with will work on the 07-11 JK 3.8 to 3.6 conversion. This will be a fully integrated system and will utilize all the early JK systems to work with the 3.6. This will be a lot simpler than a standalone because the JK already has the ABS-Wheel speed sensors to drive the transmission and the TIPM has everything else we need to control the AC and gauges. It will be like your early JK came with a 3.6 from the factory and should be 100% emissions compliant in California.

After that we may look at the JL 18+ 3.6 with the 8 speed. The 8 speed runs on a newer computer system and is fully electronic, including the shifter. There is no shifter cable which has been shown to cause issues in the JL-JT at times. We will have to determine what modules the newer system needs to make it operate correctly.

For now the 3.6 5 speed auto is a great choice to upgrade the 3.8. They are cheap and there are a ton of them to purchase with a lot of guys going to a V8.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts