JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - I brought my 2013 JKU to the dealership this week for a "ticking" sound coming from the engine compartment - most noticeably through the fenders.

When I was with them, they took off the plastic engine cover and they showed me it was an injector "tick" - stating this was "normal" and was operating as designed!

While we were there the Water Pump started to squeal - to which they said it had a Service Bulletin and they would order a new one for me and call when it got in.

Had any one else had the "ticking" sound coming from their Engine Compartment - namely the Injectors - and if so - have they offered to fix it? What was your outcome?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Neither my 3.6 JK nor my 3.6 Avenger tick. This is not a GDI fuel system with a cam driven high pressure fuel pump and 3000 psi injectors it should be pretty quiet as low pressure port injectors motors normally are. I had a 2.0L GDI turbo Cobalt that had tick from the high pressure fuel pump and that was normal because that pump and the injectors are running at 400 psi or more at idle and 2300 psi at wide open throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts