JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 12 jk 3.6 im looking to delete the a.c out of it looking for any info that would help i just have no use for the ac would love to get it out of the jeep completely

Registered
i got a 12 jk 3.6 im looking to delete the a.c out of it looking for any info that would help i just have no use for the ac would love to get it out of the jeep completely
Just don't turn it on. 馃榾

Honestly though the Jeeps have enough electrical / computer issues I would not want to try to take something out or you might make matters worse.

Registered
Assuming you want to save weight and reduce complication? You can't really remove the compressor (heaviest component) because you need it there to keep the back side of the belt wrapped around the water pump. Removing the compressor and using a shorter belt would also take the water pump out of the belt path. The water pump has a smooth pulley and is driven by the back side of the belt. No grooves on that pulley, like all of the other pulleys. I doubt anyone makes an idler pulley that replaces the compressor. If you can do fab work, maybe fab one up. It's not like the old days. On that engine, probably every one of them comes with a/c and p/s so there probably aren't factory brackets or pulleys either.

Removing the condenser and A/C lines is probably easy as long as you get the refrigerant recycled and plug off the evaporator at the firewall. Pulling the evaporator would be a chore. I would skip that and it doesn't weigh much anyway.

While removing the system might not cause any OBD-II codes or trigger the CEL, it will probably throw body codes in the CANBUS system.

Registered
JK's do come without AC from the factory. Just install the accessory drive parts needed for the AC delete option and remove the compressor.
Indeed. I had another look at the parts catalog. Found it.

Bracket:

Pulley:

Bolts (qty 3):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts