JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I go , three days ago I went to start my car and as I was driving my dash messages started to flicker // I stoped the vehicle turned the key back in and won’t start or crank // my esc light ,electrical fault ligjt security light and engine light on the engine light and battery light occasionally flicker // so I towed it to mg work /: I load tested the battery’s the battery failed at five volts lol //installed new battery tried to start still hot oil message and chime my symptoms are as follows
Key fobs won’t unlock and lock the doors
No crank no start
Security light above the gauge stays on solid red

this vehicle has 75000km
After removing tipm cover I swapped k5 relay with the bLower relay nothing I checked the relays with my relay tester all good // 20 amp fuse is good // all fuses good relays working //

things I noticed there are times I have zero power in thevehicle if I open and close my door it all comes back up

what I did so far
Replace battery
Checked fuses and relays
Inspect harness
Unplugged tcm re connected
Hard reset all night
Unplug tipm and re connect after inspecting performed relearn
Checked skim module or wcm pulled fuse to reset
Removed battery box and battery checked harness connectors and wiring checked all grounds in that area for signs of corrosion or damage nothing iam at a loss here part
Lights all work ok
Wipers work good
Windows go up and down
Just the doors won’t unlock or lock anymore with fob
toms of loss of communication faults in bcm
my question this seems like a bad wcm module on my ignition switch area can this cause no communication with bcm and loss of power like this iam torn between tipm and wcm
anyone experience this I love my jeep and it’s been three days so far

653 Posts
I’m having a similar issue did you figure it out?
Do you have a automatic front sway bar disconnect? I have seen them get water in them and short out the canbus data wires. When it says HOT OIL on the dash and everything goes crazy its usually a issue with something messing with the canbus data or shorting out the data bus. If you have the auto sway bar, try unplugging the electrical connector and see if the issue goes away.

· Banned
2,041 Posts
Do you have a automatic front sway bar disconnect? I have seen them get water in them and short out the canbus data wires. When it says HOT OIL on the dash and everything goes crazy its usually a issue with something messing with the canbus data or shorting out the data bus. If you have the auto sway bar, try unplugging the electrical connector and see if the issue goes away.
Sometimes I wonder if the issues I had were smrt bar related.
Mine had some of the same issues and the disco didn't.
Pulled the plug, I think I even Procal'd it, and went to manual disco.
I had a haunted jeep for 8 years, some of the phantom ⚠ lights persisted after my v8 swap, on things I didn't keep. Once I got it dialed in I sold it.
I'll never know now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts