JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to hear people's thoughts on this. How many of you have installed a trans cooler? We do a lot of wooded trail wheeling where it can get pretty slow at times with summer heat. So thoughts on this please.

Also, I'm running a Redneck Ram and tapped factory steering gear (from my 2007JK). At the moment I'm just running the factory reservoir. I have a PSC enlarged aluminum reservoir that I ran on my 07. Will it help at all to use the PSC over the stock reservoir? Also, should I install an inline cooler for the steering assist. I didn't have any issues on my 07 and I never installed a cooler.

My 07 was a stick, so the auto JK is new to me. I just don't want to hurt the trans or the steering pump. My new JK is a 2018 JKU (not a JL).

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Your 2018 Auto JK has a transmission cooler. It's mounted behind the grill, in front of the A/C condenser.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
why would you not run a cooler for the power steering? They don't cost that much considering how much of an investment you already have in it.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
why would you not run a cooler for the power steering? They don't cost that much considering how much of an investment you already have in it.

^X2 ?

of coarse, run a cooler for it.

Run a cooler for anything you can if you think heat might be an issue.

I run a large GVW aux transmission cooler ( plate style) for my 42RLE. It works splendidly and I have a black '11 which sits in the deep, Southern sun idling for looooong periods of time, then driving super slowly , mostly on hot slabs of Tennessee or Alabama limestone. Coolers are our friends.

re: the resi, the more fluid you can move thru the steering the better response from the actual steering.

:jeep2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts