JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here and need the pros advise. I am wanting to install the Terraflex 2.5 lift and add 35's to the mix. I have looked at many posts here but need to have more reassurance. Can I one, use the stock 17" rims and second, do I need spacers?

Thanks
Brandon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Newbie here and need the pros advise. I am wanting to install the Terraflex 2.5 lift and add 35's to the mix. I have looked at many posts here but need to have more reassurance. Can I one, use the stock 17" rims and second, do I need spacers?

Thanks
Brandon

You shouldn't have an issue. My 2 door is on an old 2 inch lift with 35s and no spacers. I've only rubbed on the back a few times. and that was on some pretty intense Rocks/trails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both. Any recommendations on what tires to run as it appears as I will have to run narrower tires then what I thought due to cupping possibilities

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks to you both. Any recommendations on what tires to run as it appears as I will have to run narrower tires then what I thought due to cupping possibilities

If you want good on and offroad tires, duratracs or KO2s. If you're looking for strictly mud tires then I'm not sure.
as far as wideness, I run 315/70/r17s with no issues of cupping.

Most people run that size as well. 35 x 12.5 seems to be fairly common.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you want good on and offroad tires, duratracs or KO2s. If you're looking for strictly mud tires then I'm not sure.
as far as wideness, I run 315/70/r17s with no issues of cupping.

Most people run that size as well. 35 x 12.5 seems to be fairly common.
Second that. With a narrow wheel you can run lower tire pressure and your tires will not cup. Best way to find your correct tire pressure is to perform the chalk test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts