JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trail riding today and after about one hour I stopped and put it in park and did not turn the motor off and got out to look at something. After one minute I get back in put it in drive to take off and it acts like its in neutral/park. I sat there for 15 seconds revving the motor before it finally engaged into gear. It did it every time I stopped and put it in park and it did it in two wheel drive, and also four wheel high and low. If I put it into neutral and not park when I stopped it didn't do it.
After I got back to the main road and was in two wheel high I got up to 35mph clicked it into neutral and turned the key off and then started it back up after about 30 seconds then put it into drive and the same thing happens again drive gear will not engages. After revving the motor several times it went into gear. Anyone have any ideas on what's happening?Also check engine light did not come on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was trail riding today and after about one hour I stopped and put it in park and did not turn the motor off and got out to look at something. After one minute I get back in put it in drive to take off and it acts like its in neutral/park. I sat there for 15 seconds revving the motor before it finally engaged into gear. It did it every time I stopped and put it in park and it did it in two wheel drive, and also four wheel high and low. If I put it into neutral and not park when I stopped it didn't do it.
After I got back to the main road and was in two wheel high I got up to 35mph clicked it into neutral and turned the key off and then started it back up after about 30 seconds then put it into drive and the same thing happens again drive gear will not engages. After revving the motor several times it went into gear. Anyone have any ideas on what's happening?Also check engine light did not come on.

That was two weeks ago and It's been back to dealer to be checked and they say they could not find the problem. I was out yesterday and it did it again. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I really don't know how to do this but the Stealership can. I was told if a solenoid is malfunctioning it can cause all kinds of transmission problems, similar to ones you describe. However, I am not a mechanic so I only advise mentioning this to the Stealership.

Lastly, Google the Lemon Law and start filling your paperwork to file for it. Never hurts to be prepared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 wrangler jk

You are not alone. It is a good thing it happened to you on the trail. It happened to my 2014 wrangler jk on the highway. It almost killed me on 2 separate occasions. It will not throw a code so the dealer will not replace a part they tried re-flashing twice. opened a case with jeep chrysler only lip service. They will always claim they have never heard of the problem. They are full of crap. they have the same problem with the Cherokee trans since 2013, I bet it is the same software. I will sic my attorney on them tomorrow. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I traded off my '12 because of this and bought a '13. The '13 does it too but only after being in 4lo for a good while. Dealer/Chrysler have neither heard of this problem before. :cwm13:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought that I read on here a while back that there was a re flash for this issue. Something about the shifter controls sensor on Rubicon?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts