JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 33" from the factory on my vehicle, I plan on purchasing 35" after I put a 4" Mopar kit on it (to not void my drive train warranty) my question is what's a suggested spacer for now and my future upgrade without causing damage/problems down the road?

I'd like to have them out a little further to ensure a little more teeth when off-road and less dragging of my lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
33" from the factory? Regardless 5.2-4.5" backspacing works well with 35's. As far as warranty is concerned I have never had an issue with my non mopar lift being handled although the only things I had warranty work done is front axle seals and that was twice at 36000 miles and 44000 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
33" from the factory? Regardless 5.2-4.5" backspacing works well with 35's. As far as warranty is concerned I have never had an issue with my non mopar lift being handled although the only things I had warranty work done is front axle seals and that was twice at 36000 miles and 44000 miles.

I was informed by the Jeep dealer that aftermarket lifts other than a Mopar would void any warranty work, if I can get away from the Mopar price I would prefer it. What kit are you using, if I may inquire.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I was informed by the Jeep dealer that aftermarket lifts other than a Mopar would void any warranty work, if I can get away from the Mopar price I would prefer it. What kit are you using, if I may inquire.

Frankenstein lift rk coils teraflex control arms and rear track bar bracket and front track bar and yeti dl and tr.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This has been covered again and should be in the recent column. We concluded there is no magical lift that Chrysler approves. The dealership submits, Chrysler says we'll pay or we won't. Some dealerships submit the work a certain way and are labeled modification friendly, others are communists. Mine is in between (2 inch/33 max).

But... As a few have mentioned.. Once you modify.. If that part fails you're likely on your own. If Chrysler feels it's a systemic failure, your in for a fight. Some get away with seal repairs, others are told the lift and weight of the 35-40 tires are to blame. At some point the wallet opens.

So in conclusion.. If you want the warranty and are going to milk it.. Stay stock, otherwise Caveat Emptor.

One more thing.. Unless I'm mistaken, a 2014 Rubicon has 32x11.50R17

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I'm running 1.5" spacers and rub the LCA a little at full lock with 35" Goodyear MT/R's on stock wheels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just today put 315/70r17 on my JKUR with 1.5" spacers and a teraflex leveling kit. Only issue is rubbing on the plastic front bumper skid thingy.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Original rim/back spacing? Full stuff with disconnected sways? Rears ok? Bump stops original? I was told a 34 was fine..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts