JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered our 2014 on 01/23/2014 for my wife. It was our 2nd Jeep but the first one we ever modified. Mopar 3" lift, Steersmarts TB, DL & TR Artec truss/gussets, 4.88 gears and a bunch of smittybilt crap. Ran Toyo 37s on it for 75k then swapped to 40" STT Pro knowing the axle swap was near. She has a new Jeep so the 2014 is mine now and ready to modify to my tastes.

I picked up a 2005 Ford SD60 and a 2001 Chevy 14 bolt from the salvage. Cut the brackets, had them sandblasted and that's mostly where I'm at. I plan on 5.38 gears and OX lockers. I'll leave the rear open until OX releases a locker for it, hopefully it's not 2052 when that happens....

Front:
Artec Apex kit, mostly welded up, hopefully done this Saturday.
Artec High steer arms
RPM aluminum steering 1 ton kit
RPM Offset Track Bar Bracket
Warn lockout hubs
Powerstop brake kit

Rear:
Artec Basics kit, tacked and ready to weld
Artec 60 tooth tone rings
Powerstop brake kit
TMR Rear 14 Bolt Conversion Wheel Spacers

Other stuff:
VKS weld on sliders
Poison Spyder rocker guards
Core 4x4 tier 3 arms and track bars
Vision D wheels powder coated white
New brake lines

It's using all my budget to get this far, but I'll add PSC pretty soon. Long term goal is 16" ORI all around and 42s.

Here's a few pics of where I'm at.

·
Super Moderator
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the passenger side high steer arm is done I went ahead and put new spicer ball joints on it. Maybe I'm crazy but they sure seem a lot easier to do in a vise compared to on a JK...?? Eventually I think I'll do ball joint deletes.

Mocked up the brakes and wheel to check clearances. It's pretty tight, not sure if I'll use the dust shields, forgot to put them on for the mock up. I see why people use a larger wheel on the SD60 builds. When I order my trail wheels/tires I might go up in size.

·
Super Moderator
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No building this weekend but we took both Jeeps out, along with about 70 other Jeeps, to deliver pizza, water, snacks, etc to several rural police/fire/emt departments to show them our support this 20th anniversary of 9/11.

Followed my wife most of the day so a lot of the pics were of her Jeep's butt.

·
Super Moderator
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rear is out, 14 bolt is mocked in place and measuring.
Colby shorty valve are installed, discount tire is swapping the wheels on Tuesday. Metalcloak 3.5" coils should be here next week so I can stuff, cut and measure.

Baby steps :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts