JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Administrator
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2005 Ford SD60 and a 2001 Chevy 14 bolt from the salvage. Cut the brackets, had them sandblasted and that's mostly where I'm at. I plan on 5.38 gears and OX lockers. I'll leave the rear open until OX releases a locker for it, hopefully it's not 2052 when that happens....

Front:
Artec Apex kit, mostly welded up, hopefully done this Saturday.
Artec High steer arms
RPM aluminum steering 1 ton kit
RPM Offset Track Bar Bracket
Warn lockout hubs
Powerstop brake kit


Rear:
Artec Basics kit, tacked and ready to weld
Artec 60 tooth tone rings
Powerstop brake kit
TMR Rear 14 Bolt Conversion Wheel Spacers

Other stuff:
VKS weld on sliders
Poison Spyder rocker guards
Core 4x4 tier 3 arms and track bars
Vision D wheels powder coated white
New brake lines

It's using all my budget to get this far, but I'll add PSC pretty soon.



Here's a few pics of where I'm at.




































 

· Administrator
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the passenger side high steer arm is done I went ahead and put new spicer ball joints on it. Maybe I'm crazy but they sure seem a lot easier to do in a vise compared to on a JK...?? Eventually I think I'll do ball joint deletes.

Mocked up the brakes and wheel to check clearances. It's pretty tight, not sure if I'll use the dust shields, forgot to put them on for the mock up. I see why people use a larger wheel on the SD60 builds. When I order my trail wheels/tires I might go up in size.













 

· Administrator
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No building this weekend but we took both Jeeps out, along with about 70 other Jeeps, to deliver pizza, water, snacks, etc to several rural police/fire/emt departments to show them our support this 20th anniversary of 9/11.

Followed my wife most of the day so a lot of the pics were of her Jeep's butt.


















 

· Administrator
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, I need more time....and more money.....

Changed my mind on ABS and going to run front/rear sensors. Went ahead and ordered new rear hubs instead of using the old ones. Ordered all new Temkin bearings.

Got the rear axle to the paint shop for paint.
By paint shop I mean I rolled it outside and shot it with some Rustoleum LOL
Rear axle is installed and 3 out of 4 wheels/tires are on the ground. Only have 1 old rear hub with bearings in it.
RPM 1 ton aluminum tie rod is installed and made the first toe adjustment. Buggered up the bolt on the drag link so it will need to wait.







 

· Administrator
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Additional bumpstops ordered
Antirock ordered
Rear ABS sensors ordered
Never had a press so I picked one up and will be pressing in new bearings on the rear hubs.
Decided to have my local shop do the gears, they've treated me right for years and I trust them to do it better than I can.
Hopefully have it to them next week.






 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top