JKOwners Forum banner

2014 JK won't start

Tags
start tipm
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  elipem01 
#1 ·
So I've been fighting this issue for a while but it keeps coming back. I've been through 3 TIPMs that seem to fix the problem for a month or so but always comes back. I suspect I have an issue with one of the TIPM connectors but don't know where to start.

The symptoms I'm having are:

• Dash lights, radio, and accessory power will flicker on and off while driving. The Jeep stays running but all the lights turn off and back on.
  • Frequently when starting, I will turn the key to the RUN position and everything is normal. As soon as I turn it to START, everything dies. What I mean by this is all lights, radio, accessories, chimes, etc abruptly shut off and will not come back on.
  • The quick fix is to open the hood and beat on the TIPM. I will hear a click and everything will come back on and the Jeep will start.
  • Occasionally the alarm will go off after doing this but it only happens ~10% of the time. I think it may be the hood open sensor for my Viper alarm causing this.
  • After the Jeep starts, the rear defrost light will be blinking.

I do have a Viper alarm system installed but it has always worked without any other issues so I think it is ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.