JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had engine cylinder failure on a 2014 unlimited sport. Mine started having cylinder misfires, so I took it to the dealership and they tell me that the engine will have to be replaced at seven thousand miles!

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 2014 has 20k on it so far no problem knock on wood. Wheel with a guy who had a 2011 until recently, lost 2 cylinders and stupid Chrysler/dealer would only fix those bad ones under warranty! He said blow me and traded it in while still on hoist.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There's at least one issue on some 2014s: a cracked oil cooler housing that leads to engine failure. For some reason it was modified in 2014.

·
Registered
911 Posts
My 2014 has 20k on it so far no problem knock on wood. Wheel with a guy who had a 2011 until recently, lost 2 cylinders and stupid Chrysler/dealer would only fix those bad ones under warranty! He said blow me and traded it in while still on hoist.
That would be tough to do depending on how much money was spent on mods...

·
Registered
71 Posts
He was pretty light on mods, had lift kit and other stuff waiting to install, so he had a craigslist garage sale LOL

·
Registered
296 Posts
So what was causing the 2 cylinders to not fire?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts