JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that the Rubicon Trail run is almost upon us I guess it's time to start planning a trip to New Mexico next year.

I'm kind of wanting to attend the Annual Chile Challenge in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Should be in February but not sure if the dates have been set yet or not. I'm looking for a group of about 6 jeeps to go along. At this point in time I am looking for the following people to attend along with us;

Ken Jong Il (Ken, you have a score to settle with The Abyss)
Ribicobra (Mike, you and Angela have to go to make up for missing last year)
RockWraith (James, I just assume you will be going because this is some good shit)
popeyesides (Scott, your invited because every great trip needs a lucky charm)

That basically leaves only a few spots open unless the aforementioned rigs can't attend for one reason or another. Now, not to discourage anyone from attending this but understand that some of the trails are extremely tough for our heavy ass, low clearance pigs. Winching and severe thrashing is absolutely guaranteed and you can expect body damage in one form or another. This is not for the faint of heart, period.

For those interested, let me know and we'll start planning up another fun trip:bounce:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well now that the Rubicon Trail run is almost upon us I guess it's time to start planning a trip to New Mexico next year.

I'm kind of wanting to attend the Annual Chile Challenge in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Should be in February but not sure if the dates have been set yet or not. I'm looking for a group of about 6 jeeps to go along. At this point in time I am looking for the following people to attend along with us;

Ken Jong Il (Ken, you have a score to settle with The Abyss)
Ribicobra (Mike, you and Angela have to go to make up for missing last year)
RockWraith (James, I just assume you will be going because this is some good shit)
popeyesides (Scott, your invited because every great trip needs a lucky charm)

That basically leaves only a few spots open unless the aforementioned rigs can't attend for one reason or another. Now, not to discourage anyone from attending this but understand that some of the trails are extremely tough for our heavy ass, low clearance pigs. Winching and severe thrashing is absolutely guaranteed and you can expect body damage in one form or another. This is not for the faint of heart, period.

For those interested, let me know and we'll start planning up another fun trip:bounce:
My Jeep was wondering why all the ***** Wheeling and not the good shit! Im in for sure! Thanks!:gluging:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanna go on this one.
Cool. You will need a rear locker by then if you don't have one. A few of these trails are serious wheeling trails and you must be locked front and rear to do them.

·
Probably Stuck on my Diff
1,276 Posts
Cool. You will need a rear locker by then if you don't have one. A few of these trails are serious wheeling trails and you must be locked front and rear to do them.
So like dont come on this trip without lockers front and rear? Or like, you really want to have lockers front and rear?

I doubt I will break into the rear axle by then, so I guess I will not be making it.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So like dont come on this trip without lockers front and rear? Or like, you really want to have lockers front and rear?

I doubt I will break into the rear axle by then, so I guess I will not be making it.
You need to be locked both front and back. There is some seriously gnarly shit out there and there's no room for any open axles. Guaranteed you'll be winching up stuff even locked. Unlocked you'll be winching up everything.

Sell your body to some older women. They will pay for it...then you can have locker in rear.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
You need to be locked both front and back. There is some seriously gnarly shit out there and there's no room for any open axles. Guaranteed you'll be winching up stuff even locked. Unlocked you'll be winching up everything.

Sell your body to some older women. They will pay for it...then you can have locker in rear and self esteem in the gutter.
FIFY

·
Probably Stuck on my Diff
1,276 Posts
Lol, my self esteem is shot from just driving this damn Jeep, let alone whoring myself out lol.. Honestly I need to take a serious break on spending money on parts, so I will see where I'm at, but highly doubt Ill be ready to by then. No worries.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I agree. Fuck responsibility. I was responsible my whole life and look where it got me. I'm only now beginning to enjoy things in life. Not too smart.

I will say Chris, taking a break from the jeep might be a good thing to do for a little while. At least try to get it to a point where you can drive the damn thing and go on a few runs. Been chasing your tail way too long on this last ordeal.

I also wanted to ask about your rcv boots. If I remember correctly they are pretty torn up at the edges aren't they? Now that I have mine in I see where things could be messed up if yours are getting torn. This would be another warranty item from your friends at Von's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts