JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the last hour trying to peel off the visor stickers on my 2013 JKU. I found the old treads about the 2010's not coming off. Is this the same for 2010-13? I've tried a heat gun, 3M adhesive remover, goo gone. Nothing seems to work. Anybody have any suggestions? These stickers are driving me crazy.

· Registered
231 Posts
After a lot of scrubbing with hot water and GoofOff I finally got mine off when I bought mine in 2009. I remeber reading somewhere that one guy just swaped the two, side to side -- the stickers were still there but weren't visible unless the visor was down.

· Registered
222 Posts
I've tried the same in my wife's 2010. Nothing worked. I eventually painted over them with duplicolor bed liner. Turned out really nice. The stickers on my 08 came off super easy, difference between material used.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
1,289 Posts
2012/2013 are bonded. I tried removing mine from my 2012 and ended up having to order a new one. my 2013 is the same way.

You would have to cover it with another decal to hid it. A decal shop would may be able to match the color.

· Registered
3,092 Posts
Why don't I understand why it's such a big deal to remove it. :cwm13:

Who much time do you spend looking at the underside of your visor? :suicide:

· Premium Member
2,533 Posts
dont flip the visor down, problem solved.

· Registered
90 Posts
Covered over my safety stickers on the sunvisors. I went to MICHAELS and they have sheets of tape 8.25"X10" in all sorts of colors made by Duck who makes ducttape. I got one sheet of black labeled Paper . Almost matches the sunvisor perfectly. The 2 pieces to make measure 1 7/8 X 8 3/4 and 3 3/4 X 8 7/8. All for $2.18! I tried taking a pic, but my camera is broke and phone has no flash.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's definitely an OCD thing for me. I've removed all the safety stickers and emblems off the jeep. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'll try covering them with vinyl and see how that looks.

· Registered
260 Posts
I used a automotive bumper/trim spraypaint - after 3 or 4 light coats, the only sign of the stickers was a slight line around the outer edge of where the sticker was. You have to look really closely to see it, and all the damn yellow/white from the label is gone. The bumper/trim paint is matte so it looks identical to the interior.

For those of you who have a partially removed sticker, you might consider using a textured spray paint first, then hit it with the bumper/trim paint - it might have a bit of courser feel to it than the other interior plastic panels, but it will hide the partially removed sticker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.