JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need advise please!
I have 2013 JKU Sahara(8 months old), I installed 6000K HIDs on the head lights with warning canceller and 3000K on fog lamps. Plug and play, pretty easy. No flickering issues, no warning indicator light in the panel.. it's great! However, since then if you leave the car parked for two days, my battery dies!! I've taken it to the dealer twice now.

First diagnosis - battery replaced(under warranty), the original battery from manufacturer isn't holding charge.. possible leak.

Second diagnosis - I was told they did a parasitic draw test and did not find any problems. Everything seems to be turning OFF(interior lights, radio, etc..). They thought I was only given an older battery sitting on the rack. They re-charged and it seems to hold a charge so it passed the test.

Three days later, same issue! What could be the cause? I can't imagine HID wiring install issues because they were plug and play plus, I figured the lights wouldn't turn ON if there was any reverse polarity.

I am doubting if they really did a parasitic draw test..

ANY IDEAS pls?? thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Are the HIDs getting their power directly from the battery, or via a switched fuse on the fuse block?

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
Are the HIDs getting their power directly from the battery, or via a switched fuse on the fuse block?
Most of the kits have a fused power line right to the battery and if it does you can pull the fuse, let the Jeep sit for a few days and see if the battery dies. If not then it sounds like the lights are the problem.

You can do your own test to see if there is a draw. Unhook the negative battery cable, hook a test light to it and touch the pointy end to the negative post on the battery, wait until everything turns off(If you have a hood light you need to pull the bulb). If the test light stays lit something is drawing power.
The fun part is finding out what?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts