JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying one in the next couple of weeks, Is there anything I should look out for specifically? Like is there any known problems with the 2013? I looked at the carfax and its been well maintained. Oil changes every 5-6k miles.

·
Super Moderator
6,222 Posts
Google "2013 Pentastar" , but single-out your search for only this site & you'll find plenty of information. There were a few early production pentastars (2012 thru end of JK/JKU production run) where there were instances of casting sand from that manufacturing process , left in the cooling passages or crannies w/in the block that we're found to come loose on a handful ,but those were few and far between.
The oil filter can be overtightened and crack the plenum or where it affixed to the upper mount . Just don't overtighten .
It's a strong engine and all those things are bygone issues. Any used one just have it checked by mechanic, par norm
sounds like you found a good Jeep;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I found one in New Jersey 2 years ago. it had 17k miles. i love it, the only thing is this...leather interiors SUCK!! I had a 2008 Unlimted Rubi with cloth seats, the red leather on the anniversary edition is great to look at, but in Las Vegas, in the summer, it just gets too hot! Everything else is great!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts