JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew the 2012s had a head problem, which is why I ordered a 2013. Apparently there were a few heads left over when the 2013s started rolling off the assembly line. I had a check engine light come on a few days ago, which I assumed was a gas cap. Well you know what they say about assuming. I took the jeep into the dealer yesterday to get the code cleared and it was a repeated cylinder 4 misfire. So apparently it is a head issue and I will be Jeepless for a week or so while they replace the head. I'll update this when I know more. FYI the Jeep has a July 2012 build date.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it was a head issue. The dealer troubleshot it to ensure it wasn't a coil pack or something else simple, but ended up replacing the head. I ordered the '13 because I thought the head problems had been fixed, but apparently not. The dealer said this was the first '13 they had in with a head problem, but had replaced over 100 heads on '12s.
I have to admit this makes me a little nervous about the long term engine life on the Jeep. I guess I better start saving for the LS swap in a couple of years...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The silver lining, you have to feel somewhat relieved that the dealer had some experience doing the job. :D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Neither my 2012 3.6 Avenger nor my 2013 JKR 3.6 have had any issues with the heads and the Avenger has 50K miles on it now. The new Head should be fine. I am almost 100% certain my Avenger has a July 2012 build date as it was one of the last 2012s made. JK I believe has a march or april 2013 build date.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What was your mileage when #4 tanked?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts