JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have found 3 intakes I like for the 3.6L. I have found some reviews but not direct comparisons. I know there's not a huge difference between them and they only make a little more power over stock, but I would like to take my time and buy the "best". I plan to do intake/exhaust/tune. Exhaust will likely be taking the muffler off. Not some expensive ass catback system.

I am not interested in K&N. Unless someone has a lot of good things to say about it. It's $250 on Amazon.

They are all close in price, Volant is the most expensive. So I have it narrowed down to Volant, Banks or Airaid.

I was on amazon buying a Dyson vacuum of all things, and amazon has 6 or 12 months interest free financing so I thought what the hell, might as well throw a CAI into the cart.

· Registered
738 Posts
You're better off starting with a diablosport trinity. The intake manifold on the 3.6l seems to be the choke point, So a CAI will be useless.

· Registered
1,342 Posts
I ran a Volant CAI on my last truck and wouldn't consider any other brand.Yes they cost more but the heart of the system is the PowerCore filter which IS NOT OILED GAUZE.Do a google on the powercore filter then decide for yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.