JKOwners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did not read through all the posts because it was the same thing.

I know every time I shift out of 4lo I am in neutral and I always go to park then back to reverse or drive since I have this problem every time. It never happened in my 2011 JKU sport or my 2012 JKU sport but with my 2014 JKU rubicon it happens every time to me.

I believe it has to do with the Rubi transfer case. Did any one in this post have a problem with anything other then a Rubicon?

·
Registered
59 Posts
JK 2009 manual.
Happened to me last year.
Was in 4Hi, when I switched back to 2WD it felt like it was stuck in neutral.
The culprit was that plastic bushing that secures the shift cable. It was broken.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You should read the OP in more detail, the issue discussed here is with 2012+ automatic Rubicons!

JK 2009 manual.
Happened to me last year.
Was in 4Hi, when I switched back to 2WD it felt like it was stuck in neutral.
The culprit was that plastic bushing that secures the shift cable. It was broken.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a '13 JKU Sport that I recently swapped the transfer case out for a Rubicon transfer case that has the 4:1 low range ratio. I am using the new "AG" model ProCal to calibrate for the new low range gear ratio. Ever since I did this swap I am having the exact same issue all you guys are having. For a year prior to the swap I never had any problems what so ever. I have plenty of time offroad with lots of shifting into and out of 4L. Now that I have the Rubicon transfer case every time I shift out of 4L and into 2H. I have to put it in park and turn it off, then restart and go from there. Otherwise it won't engage in drive or reverse. I am not sure what this proves but should give more insight to the problem. As a side note, the donor vehicle was a 2014 Rubicon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should read the OP in more detail, the issue discussed here is with 2012+ automatic Rubicons!
Whatever man. You posted just to say that?

Someone else commented about his problem with manual transmissions too. Adding what I've experienced and what the problem was might help someone reading the thread.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same issue here, 2013 Rubicon. Out in 4lo with sway bar disconnected but lockers off. went into reverse and nothing, then clunk into gear all of a sudden.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all. I write in this old thread for having eventually fixing solutions.

Mine's 2011 jkr, i'm from Italy and i Have the crd engine (so problem isn't only in gasoline). I had removed electronic swaybar for a manual disconnect (with procal sets). Lockers works good. Gear selector work perfectly in manual mode (i use it a lot in mountain driving with highrange and in or too with lowrange). Procal sets swaybar off and tyres diameter. Electronic motor Tuned up hp.

I Have the sames problems at the transmission from a twice years, always most frequently. Here dealers are not prepared for work on jk, so i'm sure if i went there, they start to change random pieces (for a brocken recar axle bearing they changed all d44 at a friend's jk........)

When i pass from 4L to high range, i always have this problem: i press gas pedal, motor go up in rpm, but the trasmission slip. I Have to give more gas, more rpm, and than jeep take slowly speed, after few seconds i release gas, wait a moment and all is ok. All restart to work well also with a ignition switch off/on.

Another thing i see in mine, is this but only in 4L: if i'm in D or i lock a gear, and than i pass in rear, sometimes rear don't go in, stay in N...after few seconds (sometimes helped with a small gas touch) the R gear go in.

Only One time, i loss torque during a heavy climb, but i solved adding few oil in trans (i had cleaned up trans few days before).

I'm sure this is an electric problem, because with off/on all works good. I hope only the slide dont will damage the clutchs...
Someone Have fixed the problem during this years? Thanks to all!🍻

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ours are still doing it. After 5 years I gave up asking the dealer about it. Got the same answer every time from all different dealers, "never heard of this problem". All I do is put it in park for a few seconds and back in drive and all is good. I am so used to it is does not even bother me anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm used too, and i'm lucky to have only this small defect...but if I can fix with little expense I would be happier :grin2:
I follow the thread and I hope someone find the solution :smile2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
2012 JKUR ,same problem,I even have traction control kick in while in 4lo quite a bit ,replaced cable with advanced adapters HD model,no change

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine seems to do it in 4lo while climbing ,twisted up or when I shift to reverse to back down an obstacle it does nothing but rev up ,like I said previously ,I changed to an Advanced adapters shift cable and no change ,thought it may have just been slipping out of 4lo,not the issue at all , seems power is disconnected to tranny until I turn Jeep off or shift back to park and back to drive or reverse,was th8nk8ng about getting an Atlas transfer case but it will prob change nothing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also have an issue with my traction control kicking in while in 4lo around the time this transmission error happens

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anybody else have a solution?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anybody find out if this is only a 2012-2013 Automatic Rubicon only issue,this is getting old fast with no fix it seems

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody find out if this is only a 2012-2013 Automatic Rubicon only issue,this is getting old fast with no fix it seems
I'm also having this issue, makes new feel like my transmission will eventually stop working. I have not gone to the dealership yet about the issue. But mine is a 2013 Rubicon. When going from 4L to 2h the transmission feels likes it's in 5th gear. After reading what other people said next time this issue happens I'll try to manually down shift the auto transmission and see if that helps. It sucks this keeps happening. It's frustrating and can be scary when it sometimes makes a bang sound.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm also having this issue, makes new feel like my transmission will eventually stop working. I have not gone to the dealership yet about the issue. But mine is a 2013 Rubicon. When going from 4L to 2h the transmission feels likes it's in 5th gear. After reading what other people said next time this issue happens I'll try to manually down shift the auto transmission and see if that helps. It sucks this keeps happening. It's frustrating and can be scary when it sometimes makes a bang sound.
I had to replace my transmission at 120k miles ,brand new mopar trans did the same thing,its in the programming im afraid

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to replace my transmission at 120k miles ,brand new mopar trans did the same thing,its in the programming im afraid
Oh wow, I guess that's somewhat good news. I'm guessing it was not related to the reason you had to change your transmission? Hoping it wasn't at least!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts