JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to install a new stereo, with interface harness and all that jazz.
factory amp wiring was done according to the directions, no love, the new stereo got hot and started smelling, time to return and get a new one.

now the question -
went to plug my stock unit back in, but when it boots volume is at 0, then goes up to 1, then wont go any louder. no sound output.
I was reading about the "pairing" between the canbus and the stereos, is it possible that pairing was lost causing this issue, or did i f' my amp up.

Figured id ask the gurus!

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
291 Posts
Did you use installation interfaces from PAC Audio? If you have the Alpine factory system you should use the PAC C2R-CHY4. The C2R-CHY4 lets you retain the factory amplifier without having to hack the wires. Are you 100% sure you had everything wired correctly? It doesn't take much to blow up the CAN bus if you connect things wrong. I've never seen the need to pair factory radios to the Jeep. It is plug and play even going to different models of radios. Something is wrong.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply
i was able to install an aftermarket stereo with the pac rp4- ch11
aftermarket stereo is working correctly, so canbus and amp are fine. has to be something with the stock head unit. good thing i planned on replacing it anyways!

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
30 Posts
Huh, that's very odd. Do you know someone else you can try swapping the HU with to test if it works in their car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts