JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So last month I was living in Chicago I now live in San Diego, when I was in Chicago I had installed the Ace stubby, and the day I installed it Ace came out with the pro series front bumper. I called AJ at Ace and asked if it was possible to do a swap, since I was moving I didnt have much time to do it and it would be cheaper to drive the 10 hours round trip than to ship my stubby from California and get the pro series shipped out there so I went to the shop and paid for the install and rigid 20'' light bar. They didnt have the light bar in stock so they shipped it to me here in SD. I also have the rear bumper and tire carrier on order and AJ said they would not charge me the extra shipping to SD either. I recieved the light bar on 10/31/12 and install took me about 45 min. I would like to give a big thanks to Ace, I know they didnt need to do the swap or wave the extra shipping cost, AJ was awesome to work with!

After I got settled in here, I called Marcus at River City and ordered the Rk 2.5 Max Travel, 17'' Hutchinson Rock Monsters (Black), 35'' Mud Grapplers, and 5100 shocks. I have recieved the tires and shocks, the lift has shipped, and its about a 1 month wait on the wheels. Marcus was great to work with as well.

· Registered
3,175 Posts
Good I love those Hutchinson beadlocks. THe racelines monster's use to be my favorite, but those take the cake fo sho!

· Registered
212 Posts
I like your style, how long before you started noticing problems?
Thanks! About 4 months with some light wheeling I started to notice some vibration and grease coming from the boot, it's still holding up but I've already got one coming for Christmas :) I've heard of guys having to replace it within a couple weeks with heavy wheeling. Damn suspension system flexes so much that the stock front drive shaft doesn't stand a chance.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! About 4 months with some light wheeling I started to notice some vibration and grease coming from the boot, it's still holding up but I've already got one coming for Christmas :) I've heard of guys having to replace it within a couple weeks with heavy wheeling. Damn suspension system flexes so much that the stock front drive shaft doesn't stand a chance.
Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on it. What shaft did you go with?

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got my rear bumper/tire carrier in today, I was able to install the D2's into the bumper, wiring them will be something I will need to look into. ACE changed up the design of the swing arm, I will take more pictures tomorrow when I'm doing the install.

Attachments

· Registered
154 Posts
Nice build! Jeep looks GREAT! Thanks for the ACE pics! I am anxiously waiting for my rear bumper with Tire carrier and plan on the front bumper early next year. Bumpers look GREAT!

Looking forward to more pics of your build!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.