1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just installed mine today and it's very solid, and well made. The install is pretty straight forward. The only thing is the 2 bolts towards the rear of the pan is not fat finger friendly, so if you have sausage fingers like me, it can be a pain to get those last 2 bolts in. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Cool, if you find a trick for getting the 2 bolts tightened up please post up. I got mine relatively tight with a pair of needle nose pliers (there's not enough room for a wrench or socket at all).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Mine have several nicks in the powdercoat from rocks that just happened to go airborne during some obstacles. Could they have dented/cracked the OEM pan? IDGAF because I have the Evo skid. I have a tendency to push my limits and do dumb shit in general, like trying to follow a 6" LA lift TJ with selectables, 4.56s, and 35s through the park. (That was before the RK lift)

I have the full Protec system and strongly recommend it. Ask Jason- it was almost the first thing I did on my rig. I don't hesitate to try an obstacle because I'm confident everything is well protected.

On the other hand, if you have or need exhaust spacers, the Protec is tucked up so tight that the passenger side of the crossover tube can rattle against the crossmember skid at specific engine loads. Some have been able to tweak everything to avoid it. I'm not that lucky, but I also haven't put much effort into it. Just be advised- it may take some fine tuning if you run the Protec system with exhaust spacers.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I'm looking for my '12 also, this one looks good. I wonder what the weight is though - lightness is key for me. I'm also looking at the Asfir since it is aluminum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts