JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nearby dealer has a Silver MW3 Unlimited on the lot and I noticed some differences on the Front bumper compared to my AEV Premium Front Bumper.

1st, and most obvious was the lack of the hoop. I know AEV carries the Euro Style bumper that doesn't have the Hoop, but are there more differences?

2nd, the MW3 front bumper looked to have more clearance between the back of the bumper and the grill. I'm guessing this was for easier removal of the Grill.

3rd, it looks like the Winch Delete Panel on the MW3 front bumper attaches different (mounts underneath & is bumped up to be flush as opposed to a flat piece that sits on top and screws down).

4th, the Winch opening on MW3 front bumper is different shape (Rectangled opening vs Rectangle w/ notch on pass. side).

Does anyone know if the MW3 version of the AEV bumper is the same exact bumper as the AEV "Euro" Bumper, or if in fact there are these differences? I have seen the Euro Bumper at AEV in Wixom, but didn't pay that much attention at the time.

If they are the same EXACT bumper, then my next questions aren't necessary. If they are in fact different (MW3 vs AEV Euro Front Bumper), then are they the same gauge steel, or is the MW3 Thinner? What about the rear bumper? Is it the same, minus the water storage, or different (thinner gauge steel as well)?

I know that the MW3 hood looks like the AEV Heat Reduction Hood (minus the side and top ventilation), but is in fact a thinner gauge steel.

With the observations I made to the MW3 Front bumper, I finally get to my question... WILL THE MW3 FRONT BUMPER FIT A WARN POWER PLANT WINCH?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the MW3's bumper and the Euro style AEV are identical....I think since AEV needed the tubeless ones made for Jeep, to make a bunch to make their own profit off of...no idea on the PowerPlant though, sorry.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO! It can be modified to work though

Jd
Any idea what kind of modifications are required to make that happen?
Pics please!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts