JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sooo I finally got finished with the bumpers and rock rails. I went with the PSC brawler light front bumper with skid, rear bumper with tire carrier, and rico steps welded to the stock rubi rails... Only issue encountered was 2 bolts on the skids that the instructions say to put on that prevents the front bumper from being able to be secured to the frame rails. Took those 2 bolts off and went on with a breeze. I am finding that at full turn, I rub on the control arms for the RK 3.5 mid arm flex. Not sure what to do about that. Here's the pics...

Scott.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great man!

I really like the front bumper without the brawler bar...clean and sharp!

Marcus
Any idea about the rubbing the control arm at full turn? It's the upper (one with the monster bushing)... I suppose there's not much I can do bout it though...

Scott.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Any idea about the rubbing the control arm at full turn? It's the upper (one with the monster bushing)... I suppose there's not much I can do bout it though...

Scott.
The back spacing on your rims is what is causing that. You need 4.5 or less and I bet yours are a little over 4.5. I had the issue on my previous JK swapped the rims to 4.5 and fixed the issue.
Good luck!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Th9e back spacing on your rims is what is causing that. You need 4.5 or less and I bet yours are a little over 4.5. I had the issue on my previous JK swapped the rims to 4.5 and fixed the issue.
Good luck!
Nope its have those wheels they have 4.5 back spacing I turned my steering bumps out alot and getting ready to buy 1. 5 inch spacers so i can screw it back in to get full turn radius

Your not copying my rig are you?

:grinpimp:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Looks great. I really like that front bumper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
looking good

spacers will take care of the rubbing but will recommend a beefier stabilizer love the bumper saving up for mine no tire carrier and thinking of doing a custom exhaust through the rear holes WHAT YOU THINK?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope its have those wheels they have 4.5 back spacing I turned my steering bumps out alot and getting ready to buy 1. 5 inch spacers so i can screw it back in to get full turn radius

Your not copying my rig are you?

:grinpimp:

LOL! Not at all...just the rims... I got blue stickers on mine... :thefinger:
I just checked the air pressure they had in the tire..right at 35 lbs. Aired down to 28 and got my caster angle to a little better than 5 degrees. Seemed to help some. Haven't got it to rub since. Nice looking jk btw!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much did you need to cut to get the skid on? Do you have pics during the install?
I cut the crush panel thing off under the bumper...that's all. There's 2 screws they tell you to tighten during the install that hold the skid to the psc bumper (8 total I think). The 2 by the frame bolts cause the frame not to be able to seat enough to screw the frame bolts on... kinda hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean when installing....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spacers will take care of the rubbing but will recommend a beefier stabilizer love the bumper saving up for mine no tire carrier and thinking of doing a custom exhaust through the rear holes WHAT YOU THINK?
I am going to have the led's thru the rear holes. I got the mbrp exhaust...dumps right after the rear axle...no tailpipes needed... for the extra clean look!! As for as stabilizer, I'm not seeing any bump steer or anything that would make steering feel sloppy...probably stick with stock, but will change tie rods soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts