JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and I will be competing in the 22nd Rallye Aicha des Gazelles March 17th-31st in a 2012 JKU Rubicon built for us by American Expedition Vehicles. The Rallye is a 9 day, all women's off road competition across Southern Morocco and the dunes of the Sahara. Competitors navigate using just maps from the '50's and a compass to find 50+ checkpoints - no GPS, no cellphones, no chase crews - It is test of vehicle durability, terrain management and physical and mental endurance. Follow the Jeep build pictures and updates and the adventure by liking Team Lerner Reina on Facebook or following @teamlernerreina on Twitter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! And a big thank you to all you guys, the information and comments here were a great resource that played a big part in deciding which truck to take to the rally and who we'd like to have build it for us.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Thanks for posting! It will be cool to see what the outcome is. Assuming updates will be posted on facebook as they go?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeep's heading over to AEV in Michigan today, hope to get some pictures. Updates will be going on Facebook as we get them, will try to link here are well.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Very Cool!.. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
good luck!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very cool, good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun, but will be tough, good luck to you two. And don't forget those pictures!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just put some more pictures of the build in progress up on Facebook, should be done this week. I'll be posting with impressions on the long 'shakedown' drive from Michigan to NJ early next week. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts

Hummer.... not cool. Good luck with the JEEP!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hummer.... not cool. Good luck with the JEEP!!!
Hey....it was the best rental option...it was bone stock and pretty capable though when we decided to build our own truck, the Jeep was clearly the best choice. I just drove back from AEV in MI to NJ - 11 hours and no driver fatigue. Can't wait to see what it can do in the sand. I'll get some pictures up later.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts