JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the CB and antenna mounts I made this weekend. Figured I'd toss a thread up for people looking for mounting options. Everything is covered in Rustoleum bedliner.

The last 5 vehicles or so I've kind of adopted a no drill policy for mounting the CB. Here's the 1/8" x 1 1/4" bracket I built from scrap I had laying around. The area behind the CB itself and where the bracket makes its 90* bend at the console have large commercial Velcro strips attached to them. The Velcro works great for preventing any wiggling/rattling from the CB being against the console. (Also keeps the console from getting scratched for future resale value.)

I popped the lower dash loose just far enough to get my chubby fingers in and unplug the power point. I spliced into that for power.

I'm 6'0" and have no issues with my leg hitting the radio when driving. I fitted the bracket for my wife who is 5'4" to make sure the seat comes forward enough....plus a lil bit.

Pay no attention to the booger tacks! This radio and base bracket have been in 6 other trucks so no sense grinding tack welds now.

This is the antenna mount. 1" scrap bent to contour of gate hinge. Then I used some round tube and capped it. Mounts with the gate hinge bolts. I picked this location so that I could have more antenna exposed than coming off of the spare mount. I also wanted to be able to drive with glass popped. I went against my "no drill" rule by slotting the trim but it's a cheap piece to replace if I ever need to.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice. :koolaid:

·
Registered
355 Posts
No drill rule? Man, a Jeep ain't yours until you drill a hole in it! :D

Just bustin' on ya. Nice looking install. I really like the seat bracket mount. Good job!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like the way this is mounted.

I will borrow your seat bracket for sure, but may need a different antenna mount

1 - 5 of 5 Posts