JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to order a 2012 Rubicon 4 door and I am thinking about the Sahara tan. Question really is do I get the matching top and fenders? I tend to think I would like the top lighter in color just for the heat but I am not sure about the fenders. I can see myself eventually getting flat fenders but I am not sure until I actually buy them so that is not what I am asking :beer::beer:
Thoughts?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thoughts?

Yeah...I like that tan and it looks great with black contrast. If I get the tan I would paint or change the wheels black, add black armor, get the top in black and I think it would look lovely!

My 2.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Have you seen or heard about the new colors yet? Orange Crush, Dozer Yellow, and Gecko Green...

We just found out about them a little while ago. Think RK is going Green!

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
To my knowledge, the only way to get a matching top is to get a Sahara or a Mojave, they both have a smooth body color top as an option. All the rest (including the Rubicon) have the standard textured black top.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i like the tan myself and tried talking the wife into getting that color, but she likes white. i don't think the color matching top and fenders will look that bad on it, that's what ricky rockets looked like stock, and it turned out to be an amazing build! i think the dark brown on sahara tan looked pretty kick ass. but from what i have seen, they are going to only produce the sahara tan in the first part of the year and then discontinue it.. so if that's the color you want, i would jump on it before its gone. :beer:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you seen or heard about the new colors yet? Orange Crush, Dozer Yellow, and Gecko Green...

We just found out about them a little while ago. Think RK is going Green!
I had not heard of the new colors.... They sound interesting and Green the best LOL Have you seen examples anywhere? I will have to ask the dealer.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I am looking to order a 2012 Rubicon 4 door and I am thinking about the Sahara tan. Question really is do I get the matching top and fenders? I tend to think I would like the top lighter in color just for the heat but I am not sure about the fenders. I can see myself eventually getting flat fenders but I am not sure until I actually buy them so that is not what I am asking :beer::beer:
Thoughts?
You can get the matching top with out matching fenders just not the other way around! Its $100 if your going flat fenders then save your money! Let me know if I can help.

Jason

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
My neighbor has the tan Sahara with all tan and it is a sexy vehicle. That tan does seem to look very good with black accents. I don't think you can go wrong either way! :shaking:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Is the newer white, whiter? I parked next to a '10 or an '11 and it is way whiter than my '08 stone white. Wtf if it is the same I'm going to flip the f out...

·
Registered
26 Posts
my understanding based on another thread was that sahara tan was only available for the first two weeks of ordering. so it may be gone unless they extended it.

Also, i can verify that you can get matching top and fenders on the rubi as well. It was available when i ordered mine. not sure about getting one without the other.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sahara Tan is one of The few colors that I like color matched. Just looks sweet. I saw a color matched red (could have been custom) and man, that blurred my vision.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To my knowledge, the only way to get a matching top is to get a Sahara or a Mojave, they both have a smooth body color top as an option. All the rest (including the Rubicon) have the standard textured black top.
Not true...color matched top and fenders are an option on the Rubicon for 2012. You have to get both though, you can't order just color matched fenders or top.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I'm considering a '12 also, and I'll be damned if there's not one single decent color for the model year IMO. Gecko and Dozer? Varying shades of clown vomit. The only one that may be okay is that weird winter ice color thingy, but that's a mystery until one can be seen in the flesh. Guess I'm biased because mine is the greatest color in JK history, Sunburst Orange.

Of course, I could get a generic color and have the whole vehicle wrapped.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts