JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 730 NAV or 430 NAV????
Getting ready to order my 2012 and have no idea if I should get the 430 or 730? Which does everyone suggest and why? What is the difference?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went with the 730N. I heard when I bought my '11 that the nav was slightly better and the iPod integration was better.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
The 730N is more expensive because its standard with connectivity group $375. You still need to order connectivity group $60 for the steering wheel control. Also you get nicer maps more detail,bread crumb feature and real time traffic.

Gave up on Sahara Tan?:devil:

Jason

·
Registered
93 Posts
Love my RHR 730N in my 2011

·
Registered
991 Posts
Are they (430 vs 730) GARMIN nav? So, on top of the $385, you need the $60 too to get the Steering Controls? I'm confused.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got a 2012 with the 430 nav. The 430 is Garmin Navigation and the 730 is Mopar Navigation. I tested both of them and as for as Ipod/Iphone controls they were the same. The 730 has some extra traffic and weather features but they seems useless. The steering controls are the same.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I got a 2012 with the 430 nav. The 430 is Garmin Navigation and the 730 is Mopar Navigation. I tested both of them and as for as Ipod/Iphone controls they were the same. The 730 has some extra traffic and weather features but they seems useless. The steering controls are the same.
Thanks! I have the RER now on my 2010 JKUR. I'm selling the Jeep. Actually, it is in the process of being sold. I'm considering getting a 2012 JKUR or JKU MW3. Just trying to find out which NAV to order with, IF I go with another Jeep. I have a portable Garmin that I use strictly for traveling and like it more then the RER, even though the RER (IMO) isn't bad.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks! I have the RER now on my 2010 JKUR. I'm selling the Jeep. Actually, it is in the process of being sold. I'm considering getting a 2012 JKUR or JKU MW3. Just trying to find out which NAV to order with, IF I go with another Jeep. I have a portable Garmin that I use strictly for traveling and like it more then the RER, even though the RER (IMO) isn't bad.

Pull tht rer out before sale, mines broke haha

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have had both the 730 and 430 in a 2012. What I can tell you is the mapping on the 430 is better in that you see the names for roads that are coming up. The 730 regardless of zoom has the names of roads further away from the intersection on the screen so sometimes you wont see them. Get the steering controls you will be sad if you don't.
The 430 in my opinion offers more both synced fine with both a droid and my ipod but the 430 also offers the traffic updates gas pricing and the ability to change the icon to a jeep!
The little arrow being a jeep versus an arrow is fun and is one of my fav options the 430 has over the 730.
After having 2 jeeps with 730 and now on my first 430 I will never get a 730 again.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have had both the 730 and 430 in a 2012. What I can tell you is the mapping on the 430 is better in that you see the names for roads that are coming up. The 730 regardless of zoom has the names of roads further away from the intersection on the screen so sometimes you wont see them. Get the steering controls you will be sad if you don't.
The 430 in my opinion offers more both synced fine with both a droid and my ipod but the 430 also offers the traffic updates gas pricing and the ability to change the icon to a jeep!
The little arrow being a jeep versus an arrow is fun and is one of my fav options the 430 has over the 730.
After having 2 jeeps with 730 and now on my first 430 I will never get a 730 again.
If I order another JK, it'll have the 430N. I like Garmin.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Anyone know if the new 430n is a direct swap for older models. I have an 07 with broken rer. Thanks!

I just put a 430n in my 2007 JK
I have only used it a few days now. It's from a 2012 with antitheft
It has a lot of cool features that the rer does not have. Last night we were looking for a restaurant since the one we were at lost their ovens due to lack of gas so I punched in Italian food and it brought up a list and guided us to the one we wanted to go to. I am not used to the Garmin maps and the voices on the 430n sound almost 1990's to me Jill and Jack they do not compare in quality to the rer voice. Ok now for the info you need

to put a 430n into the 2007 model

Antenna is a combo antenna. I removed my SAT antenna off of the roll bar and this one went in it's place perfectly and the wire from the radio to the SAT antenna works so I did not need to change that.

Combo Antenna Part # 5064910-AA list price 71.90
I ordered this from a vin# of a 2011 JK with the 430N

thats it for it to work in the 2007 now for the other things

Lock pick v2 that I have on the rer only allows the camera in the back to work but does not unlock anything else. The lock pick v4 will work on all Mygig radios

No built in U connect. It has the hard buttons but an external stand alone module is needed which costs in the 250-300 range and needs a flash from the dealer to work.

I think I would like to find someone to trade the 430n for the 730
I have been using the Chrysler NAV radios since 2005 and am used to the older Harman Becker based GPS systems

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Not sure if the trail recording feature is in the 430N, but it is in the 730N. I can record up to 12 trails and save them to my HDD. Next time I want to run a specific trail I just pull it up from home and it leads me to the trail head, and then helps me navigate off road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts