JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was browsing the Superchips information on their website. Originally, they had an ETA of the release for their patch so their flashpaq would work on 2011+ Jeeps of January 1st, 2012.

I found this posted by "RON @ Superchips":
At this point there is no ETA on the 2011 or newer Jeep product due to the extensive reverse engineering required to crack the ECU code containing the new state-of-the-art encryption.

Superchips has not responded to that thread since....

Not looking good for us 2011+ owners. I am surprised that the AEV Procal is good to go but the Superchips isn't.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Doesn't the procal just change a few parameters? It's not a performance tuner of any sort, right? Probably has something to do with it?

Sent via paper airplane

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,957 Posts
Doesn't the procal just change a few parameters? It's not a performance tuner of any sort, right? Probably has something to do with it?

Sent via paper airplane
Ding ding ding! The ProCal has a portion of the StarScan tool software built into it. The ECU parameters (fuel maps, ignition control, other performance involved settings) are what the tuner guys are locked out of from what I gather, which resides in a different portion of the ECU.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ding ding ding! The ProCal has a portion of the StarScan tool software built into it. The ECU parameters (fuel maps, ignition control, other performance involved settings) are what the tuner guys are locked out of from what I gather, which resides in a different portion of the ECU.
True, but if they at least released gear/tire size functionality as well as some of the other features the Procal does. Then people could at least use the Superchips Flashpaq until the performance end catches up.

Right now it's a paperweight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Send to China they can proablely figure it out. I've been waiting for SC to come up with something since 10/10 and still nothing. NOT happy with their product.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
SC will not release the Flashpaq for use with the 2011-12 until its fully functional.
Would you buy a tuner for $300+ that can't tune?
That and the fact that they would be up for a lawsuit if someone bought one thinking it could do all the stuff listed on the box and find out all it can do tire size and gears.
My suggestion is to buy a ProCal for now then once Diablo and SC crack the code switch up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts