JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HID headlight out 2011 wrangler HELP PLEASE

I currently have driver side headlight out and it’s an HID kit. I’m at a loss and I’ve been defeated. I have checked the grounds, used new bulbs, used a new harness, replaced the fuse and the relay connected to the harness, switched the ballast out for a new one, and also have checked and made sure that the stock headlight connection that the harness connects to isn’t melted. I don’t know what to do next. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have driver side headlight out and it’s an HID kit. I’m at a loss and I’ve been defeated. I have checked the grounds, used new bulbs, used a new harness, replaced the fuse and the relay connected to the harness, switched the ballast out for a new one, and also have checked and made sure that the stock headlight connection that the harness connects to isn’t melted. I don’t know what to do next. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Do you have a multimeter that you can use for further troubleshooting? I think the next step is to see if you are actually getting voltage to the thing.

Also, why create a new thread?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked it last night to see if I’m getting voltage and I am. I created a new thread because not many people are replying

·
Registered
659 Posts
I checked it last night to see if I’m getting voltage and I am. I created a new thread because not many people are replying

I’m a nobody here but feel impelled to say this, one thread on the same topic is plenty, and every forum I’ve seen frowns on creating multiples asking the same question.

Good luck, and I hope you get your problem solved but I assure you, this second thread won’t get you any closer.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts

Welcome.
Normal cordiality does not require that I start
talking about such stuff but there's always a 1st time.
The same could apply to your theory that one thread on a subject that is posted within JKOs ' Electrical and Lighting' section not receiving "enough replies..." might find improved results / more replies made to it if a whole different thread asking the same question were posted again in the same topic section.

When you run out of gas in your car and see the 'empty' fuel dash indicator on 'E' do you still run around to check in the tank with a flashlight & continue to turn the vehicle over and over ? This is not social media where blanket coverage will yield replies . If you aren't getting replies it either means (A) there is an inundation of data online or on this forum which contains all troubleshooting steps possible fir the subject ( indicating you've not searched past threads thoroughly ) or (B) you're asking about something which is a futile effort to attempt to answer by others online because it's obvious to the members that further testing of the circuit draw + other multimeter testing is required. So ,no help will be of use = what is to reply about! . Your first post had over 90views but 2 replies. You're getting reads. Your expectations are unrealistic , I'd guess.

I can confirm that you will get more replies by documenting your troubleshooting . Then , as you run thru your steps of that , you can post updates to ask questions when you hit something you don't understand.

Most posts of ," Help Me! " go unanswered. We like to see guys help themselves then if they require input, you'll get responses.

I'm not being an ass or onery , just helping.

I am merging your threads because you've got unnecessary 2nd thread.

Pictures or videos of your troubleshooting steps will get way more attn, also.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Igniter?

With HID, where you have one good working side. You simply swap parts over until the good side fails-to-fire. Bulb. Igniter. Ballast. Relay pack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts