JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I know that this may be common knowledge but I am not too sure how to disconnect my sway bar on my 2011 2DR Sport. Laugh all you want :laughing:! I want to take it off pavement and I do not know how to do this. Please help!!!:beer::beer:

· Registered
727 Posts
You remove the swaybar link from from being secured by unbolting it from the axle - and zip-tying it to the swaybar. then do yourself a favor and get some quick disconnecting swaybar links of some kind for future offroading ventures. much easier this way.

in this pic, the bolt that attaches the cotter pinned swaybar link to the axle is the one u will need to remove. this pic is a quick disconnecting swaybar link (not like ur stock one) but it shows how it would be easier to undo the cotter pin versus the bolt on the bottom of the link.

make any sense?

· Registered
727 Posts
Just make sure the disconnected link isnt dangling or tied up anywhere that it is going to collide with moving parts when ur driving offroad. generally, the swaybar can sort of be pushed up (i kick mine) once the link is undone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.