JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for the Superchip trail dash to try and get more information on it, but I did not see anything specific for a 2011 JK. I have a 2011 JK Sport, 6 speed manual. I have looked on Superchips website and I get the basics about what it offers. What I am looking for is people's opinions who also have a 2011 JK 6 Speed manual who use this product. Did you try to use the pod, even though its stated use is for a '07-'10? If it didn't work, did you try and mod it to make it fit? As far as the Traildash itself goes, can you justify the $500 price tag associated to it? I am looking at this to be my next upgrade - but I would like first hand experience from those who use this product as I would use it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked one up about a month ago for my 11 rubicon, all the websites I looked at said they only worked with the 7-10s, but after cross checking with superchips website and verifying the part number I went ahead and ordered it(from northridge, they had a better deal) and when it showed up I plugged it in and...had no performance programming option! So I called up superchips and was told all i needed was upgraded software(free on their website). Once I updated it I plugged it back in and set it up for the 87 octane tune, and felt a pleasant, if minor seat of the pants difference. Oh, and I'm seeing and extra 2mpg also. I decided that the trail dash would be worth the extra bucks because I have the rubicon and could modify and activate the off road toys with it, and i also have an auto tranny. I think its well worth the money.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LilRedRubicon - thanks. I knew about the 07-'10 issue, but I had been talking with super chips about it for a while and got the response that it does in fact work. with the '11's you do not get one of the options, but for me having a manual it doesn't matter. I'm really curious to see if the 2mpg increase is really worth a $500 product...

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you can, set your tire size in the super-chip. That is going to adjust parameters. Also you should think of the 2mpg cost savings in this manner. How long at 2 mpg savings will it take you to make back the $ you spent on the trail dash. If you only put a few K miles a year on the vehicle then its going to take a long time to realize that savings. If its a daily driver and you clock 50-100 miles a day that savings ads up real quick. I did the long math back when I got my traildash and it came out to about 1 year of normal driving in economy mode to make back the $.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove over 2,000 miles the month of march. Which took me by surprise. Is it a guarantee to get 2mpg...more? less? I'm just trying to "justify" this purchase...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True statement. I'm really just trying to see if its worth dropping that kind of coin on a product. Over 100 people have seen this thread and only 2 people have chimed in. Which makes me doubt its useful for what I would use it for.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have had one on my '07 and loved it. I like having control on the lockers without cutting wires.

Now its on the '11. Still like it but at least with mine there are a few issues. I can't program a custom tune so have lost some functionality.
I was able to adjust the tires and gears.

Once the bugs are fixed I know I'll be happy.

I have added a EAS cable so I can control the arb's once my ProRocks get here..That leave's less switches I have to add either into the dash or into the S pod....which will be full.

Been working with the Tech dept on fixing the issues.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ct - thank you. I have arb lockers as well. I run them off the spod - which is no big deal to me. I think I would like to use it as the back up camera instead of the mirror mount I have now. Were you able to get a trail dash pod to fit right above the radio? Or are you using the window mount for your '11. Other than tire size and the 87 octane tune, the 2 av inputs - what else can I use it for?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
They do not have mount yet but they are working on one so I used the window mount.

I use mine to monitor many temps-PID's, Inclinometer gauges , turn off the JK's TPMS, adjust how the trans shifts, adjusts when the fan come on, sway bar etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts