JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the S-Pod instructions are great but I wanted to add some photos and explain a couple of details to help anyone with a newer jk.
The main difference with the 2011 is that the driverside side panel is a little harder to remove I found the best way is to push the panel in and slide your finger behind the bottom rear of the panel and work your way up the panel.

Another difference is that the windshield washer fluid hose now goes through the hole where you run the S-Pod wires so you will need to dis-connect the tube. I found that you can disconnect either side of the tube whichever is easier for you to dis-connect.

I used just some old speaker wire I had lying around to fish the wires through and as you see in the photos I used elec. tape to tape them together to allow a little easier time manuvering the wires through.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installing the S-Pod box is easy but make sure you reconnect the ground that Jeep connects on the one bolt removed.

Now you can get the wires around the windshield in what ever manner you would like as I do not really see a optimal way.

Now this is the end product and it still works well with the factory hardtop which was one of my main concerns since the newer hard tops latch to the loop.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice write up... love the s-pod too... great product!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they put the locker/sway bar buttons over there now, what did they put in the place where they used to be in front of the shifter?
Sorry I missed this for so long, but they changed the layout so now there is no area for switches there.

What are you hooking to your air gauge?
I am going to get a viair heavy duty setup sometime in the next few months probably at jeep and truckfest.

Nice writeup! I can't remember when my engine bay was that clean.
Thanks I have found myself going through less mud then I use to in my old jk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts