JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pissed: bought 2011 sahara unlimited leaks water inside its been in and out of three dealerships for 8 months. had water in tail lamps and fog lights steering shaft replaced what a joke 35 trips in to the shop wish canada had a lemon law

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
You mean they aren't supposed to leak water? Shit!

Sorry but it's time to be self sufficient and realize your 2011 vehicle will have quirks. It's a sorry standard, but the standard for a Wrangler is far below what most expect out of a new vehicle. The standard requires to deal with bullshit in exhange for off-roadability that has no comparison.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
You mean they aren't supposed to leak water? Shit!

Sorry but it's time to be self sufficient and realize your 2011 vehicle will have quirks......
quirks yeah but...

Mine doesn't leak and has never had water in the tail lights or fog lamps. The right side marker does fills with water and I wick it out periodically.

EDIT: And grease needle to the intermediate shaft boot fixed the steering clunk.

·
Registered
255 Posts
:pissed: bought 2011 sahara unlimited leaks water inside its been in and out of three dealerships for 8 months. had water in tail lamps and fog lights steering shaft replaced what a joke 35 trips in to the shop wish canada had a lemon law
When I first got mine it took a good six months of dealer hell before I got everything sorted out, but it's been mostly trouble-free since. Do you have a hard top or soft top?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
to the death? or to the pain?

i kid.

Which of the tops leak? or is it both and if so, from where? This group has a very large knowledge base and can help you solve your own problem but we need more information then "My top leaks"... specifics, man.

Common for the soft top is the A pillar corners, I believe there is a thread on here for fixing that with some weather stripping from the hardware store. There is also a TSB where they put some sticky foam and black goo up there.

If its the hard top, I know there are several fixes or potential solutions on here, most deal with making sure your stripping is in good shape and clean and that you are properly seating the panels.

Do some searching, fix your problems, tell the dealer to screw off.... and if you search, do a site search from google:

In the search bar on google type: jkowners.com: your search term

You'll get much better results then using the built in search

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
I would never support buying a brand new vehicle in this day and age and having to deal with some of the issues that face the wrangler line....but since i bought used i really dont care !!

and i can honestky say that my JK with a soft top and full doors.. does not leak at all....and is quieter than all of my previous jeeps with hard or soft tops...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome to JKO. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
to the death? or to the pain?

i kid.

Which of the tops leak? or is it both and if so, from where? This group has a very large knowledge base and can help you solve your own problem but we need more information then "My top leaks"... specifics, man.

Common for the soft top is the A pillar corners, I believe there is a thread on here for fixing that with some weather stripping from the hardware store. There is also a TSB where they put some sticky foam and black goo up there.

If its the hard top, I know there are several fixes or potential solutions on here, most deal with making sure your stripping is in good shape and clean and that you are properly seating the panels.

Do some searching, fix your problems, tell the dealer to screw off.... and if you search, do a site search from google:

In the search bar on google type: jkowners.com: your search term

You'll get much better results then using the built in search
it comes in by the top door hinge they have changed every seal and put seal stuffers in and put a new door on tech from toledo have worked on it same result it leaks not a little when it rains 1 1/2 water on the floor

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having, from what you've posted it's not normal even for a Wrangler (although some may make it sound like it's normal).
You still haven't mentioned (or maybe I missed it) what top you are running with and having the water leak issues with, Sunrider Soft Top or Freedom Hard Top?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having, from what you've posted it's not normal even for a Wrangler (although some may make it sound like it's normal).
You still haven't mentioned (or maybe I missed it) what top you are running with and having the water leak issues with, Sunrider Soft Top or Freedom Hard Top?
hard top

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine doesn’t leak, and never has. I even got a broken door surround up where the soft top channels into, still no leaks. Although seems like Wranglers are not created equal. I have a dream!

-Dan

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Don't buy into the, "Its a jeep, it leaks" crap people toss out. Had a 2 door 07' X and a 4 door 07' Rubi and both leaked, bad. Most people I know with a JK have leaky soft tops. Bought an 06' Wrangler with the soft top and even after laying it against a few trees it doesn't leak. Plenty of friends with TJ's and LJ's and leaks are minimal or none at all.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well hard tops are not that leak prone. What I find odd is your statement that it leaks in from the door hinge but water can take some weird path to get to the inside. You can dust seal areas with chalk powder and put a water hose to your Jeep if you feel like investigating where the leak might come from.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts