JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Last weekebd my '11 started through all kinds of codes. It started with the oil pressure light and chime coming on intermittently, than progressed to a bunch of U**** codes, than an evap code, oil pressure, sensor code, security module code, than the oil pressure light and chime disapeated.
The codes I'm dealing with right now are as follows...
P0440 Evap System Malfunction
P0521 Oil Pressure Sensor Switch
U0168 Lost Communication with Vehicle Security Control Module
U0121 Lost Communication with ABS Module
U1110 Lost Vehicle Speed Message
U1120 Lost Wheel Distance Message
U110A Lost Communication with SCM

A lot of these seem to be communication issues. I'm going to check my abs sensors today as well as the other modules connections.
A lot of this started after driving through some stick overgrowth.

If anyone has any tips but dealing with it is cuz I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You are on the right path. Deal with communication codes first. If you have a e-sway bar disco remember it has a databus wire also. Make sure its not full of water.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My e disco died long ago. The electronics in the disconnect have been removed, but the plug remains and has been taped up for several years.

731 Posts
Thanks. My e disco died long ago. The electronics in the disconnect have been removed, but the plug remains and has been taped up for several years.
Take the E disco connector apart and make sure its not corroded and shorting out the data wires. A module or the data wires going down sound like your issue.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the E disco connector apart and make sure its not corroded and shorting out the data wires. A module or the data wires going down sound like your issue.
Thanks. How will I know which wire's are the data wires? Since posting this I've had it into a shop, they cleared the codes and couldn't get them to come back. Two other codes popped up though. They suspect it might be there tipm. Pretty sure I've already replaced that though.

731 Posts
Thanks. How will I know which wire's are the data wires? Since posting this I've had it into a shop, they cleared the codes and couldn't get them to come back. Two other codes popped up though. They suspect it might be there tipm. Pretty sure I've already replaced that though.
Off of the top of my head its the twisted pair. A7 & A8 WHITE/BLACK & WHITE/Lt BLUErubi swaybar diagram

1 - 6 of 6 Posts