JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on the net the new 2011 Jeeps will get a new engine. It is a Pentastar 3.6L V6. The Penastar name comes from their emblem. Its is supposed to be a variable displacement engine putting out 280hp and around 260 ftlbs of tourque... Have any of you heard any other info on this engine and when to expect the 2011 JK to come out?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have read on the net the new 2011 Jeeps will get a new engine. It is a Pentastar 3.6L V6. The Penastar name comes from their emblem. Its is supposed to be a variable displacement engine putting out 280hp and around 260 ftlbs of tourque... Have any of you heard any other info on this engine and when to expect the 2011 JK to come out?
Quite a few posts around here on this new engine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
From what the folks on here have said, the 2011 is getting a new interior and the 2012 will get the pentastar..

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
2011 WK Grand Cherokee will get the pentastar.
2012 ??????

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
From everything on the net and various threads on here I doubt that we will see it in the 2011 Jeeps but we can hope as Jeep has not said no yet and until I see an 2011 in person I am not going to beleive anything....I am hoping someone from Jeep will be at Jeep Beach with more info!
With our luck the jeep rep won't be able to talk about it.Just let me buy a fuckin' jk diesel and I won't bother them anymore...;)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Anything short of a V8 and we're not interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts