JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, every time i hit a bump on the road my wipers and a bunch of lights come up, the wipers stay on for two cycles and then turn off and the lights on the dash also turn off.

I got this Jeep few days ago, it came with a message display on the dash that say:

Door gate Gas cap

I have check all doors nothing seems open or not close properly, and the gasp is new, the last owner just got a new one and changed the vapor filter down there.

Does any body had this type of trouble before, or can point me in the right direction please?

Trying to upload short video...

·
Registered
84 Posts
When I bought my 07 used in 08 I had similar demons. What it turned out to be in mine was a grounding strap contacting the positive terminal on the battery. When standing in front of the jeep looking into the hood the battery that was in the jeep had the positive terminal on the right, and the negative on the left, this was reversed of how it was supposed to be. As such there is a strap that grounds to the hood that was coming in contact with the positive cable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I would look into that.

I want to install a dual battery system, got the genesis dual battery kit hopefully It gets sort out when I get it install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts