JKOwners Forum banner

2011 JK 35in tires and sluggish performance

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  UFDUB 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
Im just wanting opinions on my jk. I’m running 35s with a 4in lift as a daily driver Interstate and highway mostly but occasional light off-roading. I really want to up the performance and get rid of the sluggish performance. I’ve changed the shift points with the Aev pro cal which was a huge help on the high end but not the low end so much. Next thing I’m thinking about is regearing, is this what you would recommend and if so which gears would you suggest? Also, are the super chips worth spending the money on, and if so which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
If you're sure there is a thread on this here, why not search for it first. Then if you have any unanswered questions, post back here with them along with what you searched on. This helps everyone.

I can tell you for a fact that your questions have been answered many times here. So what I'm getting at, start searching then start asking questions about that research. Just remember the more details the better.

Good luck... ;)

Reactions: Mal-adjusted
#3 ·
look man i just wanted to post my situation that way i know the feed back that i’m getting is the correct feed back for my jeep not just my right or wrong interpretation of someone else’s ride. Now if you want to help me with my situation then by all means i’m open to discussion but if you’re not going to then i think your time would be better spent on someone else’s thread.
thanks

#9 ·
The 42RLE gearing is the biggest part of the 2007-2011 turds (I have a 2008, removed most of the factory feces and installed my own haha). I'd say 4.88 gears would help a bunch for your setup. Good luck!

And to the forum Gestapo - WGAF how many times it's been asked?? JEEEZZZUSS freaking control freaks ruining what's left of this place.

#11 ·
It's not control, it's reality. And if you think my responses have been harsh, you haven't been paying attention to JKO. When this forum started out, it was considered Pirate 4x4 light. My responses have been mild compared to the original members. Go and try to post a question like this on Pirate 4x4 or Irate 4x4 and see the responses you get.

These questions have been asked many of times and the original posted stated they're lazy:
I’m sure there is already a thread on this but just wanted make sure it’s right for my Jk!
Like he's got a magically different JK that somehow is special. There is nothing original in this entire post. How many more posts would you like to respond to with the same question being asked over and over when the information is already available by searching the forum. Even a quick search on your favorite search engine will provide you all of this information, but I guess you like catering to the lazy.

In addition, how is anyone supposed to verify the information you have given is correct. You put the information out there with nothing to back it up. I'm not saying your wrong and I'm not saying you're right, what I'm saying is your answer is useless without supporting information.

Without the original poster doing their own research, they can not possibly verify the information you provided. They have to take it on faith. I don't know about you, but I don't take some random internet person's advice without researching it first.

#10 ·
Hey guys,
Im just wanting opinions on my jk. I’m running 35s with a 4in lift as a daily driver Interstate and highway mostly but occasional light off-roading. I really want to up the performance and get rid of the sluggish performance. I’ve changed the shift points with the Aev pro cal which was a huge help on the high end but not the low end so much. Next thing I’m thinking about is regearing, is this what you would recommend and if so which gears would you suggest? Also, are the super chips worth spending the money on, and if so which one would you recommend? View attachment 364099 I’m sure there is already a thread on this but just wanted make sure it’s right for my Jk!

Thanks in advance!
What year is your Jeep?
Google search Jeep jk 20XX gear chart
Find your tire size
Move to the right till you find the rpm that most matches where you’d like to be when you’re in over drive.
Move up to the column header and you’ll find the recommended gear size.

Super chips will not fix your issue, gears will. You’d also. see some benefit from an LS or Hemi swap.

#12 ·
Here's an idea: use your very own forum wizardry you constantly insist others also use, and simply ignore the repetitive threads etc. THEN, leave it to the people who actually get PAID to curate the site. Tell you what, I'll go back to doing my best to ignore your bs backhanded responses to the new folk; but I'm telling you it's KILLING the forum. We're all (probably) grown-ups here; no one needs the self-serving micro-lectures on how to internet like it's 2005. I'm out. Happy Jeeping!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
@rockystock: I don't know if you noticed or not, but this forum is already dying and not by me. Just look at the level of posts of random spam. And Anything new for threads is repeats of what's already been hashed out long ago. This is an old forum for a specific model of Jeep and it was bound to happen.

Anyway, I'm going to keep doing what I do. With the way things are going here, at some point in the future I may stop coming here, who knows. 🍺

#15 ·
Hey guys,
Im just wanting opinions on my jk. I’m running 35s with a 4in lift as a daily driver Interstate and highway mostly but occasional light off-roading. I really want to up the performance and get rid of the sluggish performance. I’ve changed the shift points with the Aev pro cal which was a huge help on the high end but not the low end so much. Next thing I’m thinking about is regearing, is this what you would recommend and if so which gears would you suggest? Also, are the super chips worth spending the money on, and if so which one would you recommend? View attachment 364099

Thanks in advance!
What year? What engine? Are you planning on keeping the 35's forever?

#22 ·
To the OP...

4.88 gears would be good for you

If you want better overall performance and don’t mind the expense, look at Motech (I think) as they are releasing a wiring harness to drop in a take-out 3.6 with the NAG1. Replacing your old motor with the newer one and newer transmissions will really improve performance and take out motors are relatively cheap. Just a thought of a good option...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.