JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I was adjusting my steering wheel to center. Everything was going OK the drag link adjustment bracket was rotating clockwise and counterclockwise fine. My steering wheel was moving both ways. My right side was jacked up but the left side was not. I did have troubles for a minute getting to rotate which I thought was strange but it starting rotating again I was able to adjust the steering wheel. After driving a bit I noticed it was just a hair off and figure I try and get it perfect. I didn't jack it up this time. I was able to rotate it to start but in the middle of my adjustment the bracket stopped rotating and it's almost like it froze up. I can't get it to rotate either way no matter how much force I apply. I tried vice grips with no luck. I don't understand why it was rotating fine and then nothing. I sprayed WD40 and am letting sit for the night.
Was having it jacked up the reason I didn't have no problems with my first adjustment? Do these brackets go bad? Any input is much appreciated as I am a novice when it comes to this stuff. By the way my Jeep is stock. 2011 JK Sport no lifts. Thank you.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts