JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
//Something happened and none of my pic links work anymore. I'm trying to go through my thread and fix it all. I'm sorry about the blank posts and broken images.//

This is my build thread as best as I have documented. I have some pics of when I started out stock so I will post them up eventually.

This is where she started. Pretty much drove her home from the dealership then straight to the shop. I already had the RC 4" lift and 35's waiting in the garage before I even took delivery.

This is the first pic I have; already on the lift :thefinger:

Old style RC lift. Shits junk... Their new stuff seems better but all my bushings/shocks and pretty much everything in their kit fell apart within 30,000 miles... All I have left on my Jeep thats RC is the coil springs and the TB brackets and even those have had to be welded up due to breakage. I had to put my stock CA's back on because of the ridiculously worn out bushings. Im getting adjustable arms before too long and probably PP springs. Already have fox shocks in the front.

I called Rough Country about getting replacements since all their stuff wore out so quick. They told me I had to have proof of purchase even though I purchased it directly from them... Guess I should have kept the receipts but I was on here from day one when I got it from them and had it all recorded... They should have done something for me. Oh well

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Poser shot when I first got the lift and tires on... Man was she clean back then...

And now I have this :thefinger:

Perfect for plug welds! Honestly, I have nothing but good to say about this "universal" winch mount... It seems to be made for the JK!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

My buddy Doug welding (I did the welds that are pictured in case you want to criticize them :thefinger: )

This is a mock up of it with the stinger on... This will be done tomorrow :smokin:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love it! About 70 bones shipped!

It will get cut down a little though :grinpimp:

Oh... And just wait till its painted!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:beer::beer::beer::beer: that is all :smokin:
Add about 4 more and thats about how many I drank while doing this today :beer::beer::beer::beer: Sure was hot out! :smokin:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been running fenderless for a long time now.... I got the stinger from Jeeptubes.com. You can either get the trail stinger (26"=$50) or you can get the comp stinger (36"=$55). I got the comp stinger so I could cut some off to use for bracing. Im leaving now to go finish this. Hopefully Ill have some updates for y'all tonight. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its in a national forest. Its a very mild trail but its nice to get off road for a change. Been doing nothing but building lately. And that stop sign for the quads and dirt bikes. It just tells them that they are going the wrong way on the trail.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts