JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am looking to upgrade my audio. I have read a lot of the forums, so I am just trying to compile everything.

What I have: Alpine system with subwoofer and 130 res/rsc Head Unit. Head Unit has u Connect capability, but it is not connected.

What I want to do:
I want to keep the factory Head unit. I would like to have Bluetooth though instead of using auxiliary cord for my phone so I can listen to music. Is that possible with U connect adaptor? Would I be able to add steering wheel controls after the fact? I eventually would love to have a radio with apple play and Pandora (don't care about hands free)...but that isn't in the budget at the moment.

I was going to replace the speakers in the sound bar and up front with Kickers (77kick10) and fill all with polyfill. Does the alpine sub in the back need replaced?

I was going to install Alpine 445U amp to power the new speakers. Would this also power the sub? Do I need special connectors to connect this amp to the factory HU? Would I be able to just swap out the current alpine amp that came with the jeep? Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you leave the head unit the steering controls will remain unaffected.

So, to summarize, you're just getting new speakers, amp(s), and polyfilling the enclosures?
Easy enough.

I thought the sub had it's own amp already.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not quite what you're asking but if you upgrade the head unit I think you're going to get a noticeable boost in sound quality and volume. Went from 730n w/alpine to a kenwood ddx6902s and the idatalink maestro to keep the steering wheel controls. Shocked how much better it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 730n in my 09 and the touch screen died. Was not too concerned about Nav (use the iphone) so I ended up getting a pioneer AVH-X2700BS. You will need a can-bus adapter for the wiring. I also did the tweeter mod and the speaker mod and as stated in the prior post, I was very surprised at how much better sounding the system is. You can get those on eBay for less than $150. With the top down it does not distort and it can go louder than I can stand. Very satisfied and I recommend it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not quite what you're asking but if you upgrade the head unit I think you're going to get a noticeable boost in sound quality and volume. Went from 730n w/alpine to a kenwood ddx6902s and the idatalink maestro to keep the steering wheel controls. Shocked how much better it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And with a 2010 you will not need a Maestro because we don't have steering wheel controls on our PT Cruiser steering wheels.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts